Interview times for San Francisco INS Office?

Paul Owens

Just got my I-485 notice of action sent to me saying that my case is referred to San Francisco\'s INS office for interview. Does anyone know how long this is likely to take to schedule and more importantly is there anything I can do to speed it up,
Thanks,

Paul O

No Title

Paul,

Given the circumstances, I am glad to see that you found some other people in the same situation. 3 people from SJ got interview notices recently after a 2-3 of months, 5 months and 6 months of waiting respectively. We are all schedules in a 2 week interval starting at the end of November so it seems that they are processing EB cases in batches.

You guys should keep in touch and remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel. The SF office seems to be less crowded than the SJ office but I do not know how this will translate into waiting times.

Take care!

after how long did u get the INS notice of transfer

AVM says my case has been transferred to SF INS on Oct 10th , I have not received any notice yet , not has my lawyer received any notice.
Could you please let me know how long it took for you ???

No Title

A couple of weeks, up to one month. I wasn\'t looking forward to receive the notice so I do not really remember.

For me it took about 10 days to get the notice of transfer. I think it is automatic system printout

Check with SF INS office frequently or you could miss your Interview Notice and GC! (not a joke :(

http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/experiences/IV/aliens.htm

On the day I went to SF office, I had one Rusian guy in front of me. He went in to check his interview case after almost 9 months of waiting. What turned out was that the INS "record" showed that he was sent a notice sometime in May 2000. He never received it, and obviously, he had missed the interview. The heartless IIO simply told him that his case was denied due to the no show. All his files was sent back to a repository somewhere in Texas. If this poor soul wanted to reopen his case, it will take around 18 - 24 months...I don\'t know whether this guy has changed his address or not, but I am sure he followed all the procedure he knew of since he seemed very very upset.

I was very depressed as a by-stander, overhearing the conversation and watching a grown-up adult almost broke down and cried.

In any case, I would keep going to the SF office to check every 2 or 3 months. Better safe than sorry.

mine transfered on 10/9

My file got transferred on 10/9 and lawyer received the notice by 10/19. I am also looking to see how long I have to wait. Plz reply to this message anytime you got your interview notice.

Interview Notification Received-San Francisco INS

I have now received my interview notification at the San Francisco INS office. My case had been referred from the Vermont Processing Center to San Francisco on Oct. 15th. My interview notice dated Dec. 20th (approx 9 weeks) is for an interview on Jan 30th. So it seems that the 3 - 4 months delay is what the wait is for all who are interested. From the letter and what they\'d like me to bring with me it seems to be a document check.

Good luck all for 2002!!

Notice Date

Hi I am also waiting for the interview date. Can you please tell me the Notice Date.
 Thanks

Interview date scheduled at LA office

ND 03/01, FP 07/01, transferred to LA office on 10/09/01.

Today(12/27) I received interview notification. My interview will be on Jan 31, 2002. I am glad the long wait will soon be over.