interview, stamping in Newark

ehuang

Registered Users (C)
My interview time is 8.20am, today. After security check and take elevator to the 13th Floor. My lawyer accompanied with me today. Send the appointment letter to receptionst. Almost 30 minutes later, we got call to door1 and got into the office at 8.50 Am. The officer is white lady. First of all , she introduced herself whose name is Eillen. Very nice start. Took finger frint and sign my name. Went to her office and took oath. here is the Q & A:
Q: I have reviewed all your documents. Do you have Medical exam with you. I asked you bring this at your interview letter.
A: Yes. My lawyer said, I've send this to you already. That's all right.
Q: What's your position at this company and how long you work for?
A: (My position) and duty. ( time to start work)
Q: May I have your employment Letter.
A: Yes
Q: where is your company location?
A: (Location)
Finally, she said, Your case is cleared, I'll approve your case today. Stapme on my passport and write A number in the same page of my pasport and said the card will send to you within 6 months. Time is 9.02am. We got out her office after she said goog luck to you. She even didn't ask back my Ap and EAD.
Good luck to all .

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
thank you very much for your very valuable information. my case also transfered to local INS. Would you tell us more about your case?

what is your transfer date?
when did your receive interview letter from local INS?
your medical exam record is new one or you did it last year?
what categry is your case? (EB1/EB2/EB3)

Thanks!

ehuang,

Congratulations!

Could you email me your lawyer name and phone number? I need to change my lawyer.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My TD: 09/11/02
I got my interview Letter at 10/12/02
I used my duplicate from my doctor and cost $30.
EB2
My lawyer is Junwang and you can try to access the web site www.junwang.com

congrats ehuang

All the best !

In all it took you two months for approval from the time they transferred your case. Good.

ehuang, One more question please..

First of all congratulations on your approval.

I also got an interview letter for Newark office. We are three applicants. With my interview letter, INS send me 3 different Medical forms (i-693).

So Do I have to do medical again ?
I have a copy of last year's medical report. Will it be fine ?
Please advise on gpsolanki@hotmail.com

Thanks
GPsolanki

You can use last year medical exam. But better ask doctor give you duplicate of original. Theoretically, the INS doesn't accept copy. The doctor will cost you $30-50 for duplicate. Good Luck

ehuang,

What is duplicate of original? Does this mean that your doctor fill out a brand new form for $30, or s/he made a copy of the civic surgeon's copy that s/he kept on file for $30? And can you use your own copy (green sheet)?

Thanks.

possible reason of tranfer

Hi, ehuang:

After your successful interview, do you have any idea why they transfered your case to local INS ?

would your tell us your guess? Thanks!

ty555

I Guess my H1 company is not same as my GC sponsoring company. Actually, I don't know the exact reason. Don't worry, the Newark INS officers are very nice.