Interview Schedules in NWK

tdbw

Registered Users (C)
Anyone know how long NWK takes to schedule a GC Interview?

I just gave my third FP and the FBI confirmed that teh prints were readable and have been sent to VSC last week.
I am hoping that VSC will be approving my case (I like to be optimistic :->).

I assume that they always transfer a GC case to the local office for an interview? Therefore mine would be trasnferred to NWK?

Anyone who has information - please let me know.... it would be helpful.

Thanks.

not everyone transsferred. If ur case transferred to newark, 30-50 days to schedule a interview

Post your details.

Not everyone is transferred, but what stage/state are you in your GC process now?

OmGV,

I-485 employment based - RIR Fast Track
First RD Jul 2000 @ NWK
Second RD Feb 20th 2002 @ VSC (Nwk forgot to send my file)

1st FP - March 2002
2nd FP - Sept 2nd 2003
3rd FP - Oct 16th 2003

So I would say I am now at teh "just waiting for the outcome...." stage.

What are the reasons for a transfer? or are they just random?

Sometimes due to issues like

- verify if actually married. [For derivative]
- if there are any criminal issues.
- Improper/Insufficient documentation[instead of just RFE, just transfer]
- Sometimes I guess for the heck of it, without any reason.

BTW, How come your application ended up in NWK instead of VSC? That seems to be odd.

OmGv

My case is currently at VSC.
I was just wondering how long it would take if it were approved and transferred for interview etc to the local Nwk office.

Initially my 485 was filed at Nwk by my lawyer as I needed an urgent AP to travel out of the country. My lawyer got a receipt from Nwk and was told the file would be sent to VSC.

When I was renewing my EAD at Nwk in Sept 2001 - I was told that they could not renew my EAD as my 485 was not filed!!! I was in shock - but after an hour they found my file "sitting on an officers desk" for the last 1.5 years. They then promised to send it to the VSC ASAP.
One IIO was most helpful and after a followup with my congressman - the case was finally sent to VSC.

The RD at VSC was Feb 20th 2002 - but neither my lawyer nor I ever received a receipt for this.

:)