Interview scheduled for Baltimore Transfter Case (TD - 7/23)

Hey all.,

What is Approved I140 and Attachments. Is it I140 approval notice??? Coz i have only I140 Approval notice.. I dont have any other documents.

What about ETA labor.. Do u have it with u now or do we need to get it from the employer??

What is employment letter?? Is there any format for that or my company knows the format??

I am really dont know, this interview for final adjudication process or we need to go again????

shed some lights on this..

American Gujju, sensible.. Please help us in this regard

where to get W2 and tax return?

Guys, don't forget to prepare two (maybe 4?) green card photoes. They need photoes for the interview. And most important, photoes meet standard! My friend said he saw people in the interview rushing out to get new ones if the old one did't work.

Also, anyone please tell me where I can get W2 and Tax return docuyments? I lost most of them between movings. But I'd like to prepare ahead.

Regarding one friend's quesiton above for salary, my friend didn't change jobs. So no answer for that.

Thank you!

Help

All those who got interview letter ..

Did u prepare documents for the interview..

Did u get the W2s and financial statements of the company.. Me and sai didnt get that.

Is it absolute necessary to get those document, instead we got a letter saying the "financial position is strong enough" to give salary.

Is that enough. It is signed by the authorised personal of the company.

Also, keep this thread alive, coz our days are coming closer and closer. Lets help each other in this..

American gujju,sensible,sai,irene,mj getgc...... also post ur

Amy

Your salary should be at or above your labor certificate statement. That is what my lawyer had told us when my hubby was looking for another job.

HHs and other friends.

I talk to my lawyer today. As per my conversation I understand that we need to take our pay stubs and tax returns. It comes to employer letter is most important. Company Financial satements any little information if you manage to get from thier auditor or finance manager is fine.Some big company's they post each quarter revenues on web site. It is good idea to grab some important financial information from company web site and take it to interview.

let me know guys

SAI55

Hi GEECEE SAGA.,

Your lawyer is definitely wrong. Your salary canbe even lesser than what is specified in the Labor. Coz Green card is for the Future job. I looked at my employment letter, it specifically states that COmpany intends to employ me as full time employee at the salary of $xxxxx upon completion of green card processing.

So, GUYS dont get confused with all these details. The salary mentioned in the labor can be more than what u r getting now.
It doent matter.

GREEN CARD IS FOR FUTURE JOB ONLY. PRESENT SALARY DOENT MATTER. ONLY PAY STUB MATTERS. IT SHOWS U R PRESENTLY EMPLOYED.

IF U STILL HAVE DOUBT IN THIS SUBJECT, PLEASE SEARCH FOR VARIOUS DISCUSSIONS AND WE CAN SEE SOO MANY PEOPLE GOT APPROVED WITH MISMATCH IN LABOR SALARY AND ACTUAL SALARY.

Wife's case not transferred........

My case was transferred to Baltimore on 7/31/02, I have a interview on 9/4/02 . But my wife's case was not transferred. What Can I do to expedite her's ?

Is this a problem?
Thanks.

salary question again

sorry guys, esp. hhs. i have to ask this question again. i know the salary on LCA is the one we're supposed to get when we actually get the GC. but my current salary is only 70% of the one list of LCA, not just little bit less. i'm worrying that INS will question about this when they see my pay stub. anybody has or know someone else has similar situation but get approved? do i need to prepare any document like an employer letter to guarentee that they will pay me the salary upon GC approval?

got transfered to Baltimore on 08/08, waiting for interview notice.

THe pay stubs and employment letter ARE very important for ur interview.
As for as i know recent three pay stubs indicates u r still with the a company and employed.
You employment letter will tell your employer's intention to employ you as full time once you finish ur GC. SO far you are a temporary worker thru H1, upon completion of the GC, they will employ you as a full time guy with the salary mentioned in Labor.

If i understood correctly, the above mentioned statements are true.

So As sai said, Current salary and Labor salary need not match as long as the EMPLOYMENT LETTER CLEARLY SAYS U WILL BE EMPLOYED AS FULLTIME PERMENANT POSITION UPON COMPLETION OF THE GC.

HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU.

DONT LOSE SLEEP OVER IT.

YOU CAN ALSO GO THRU SOO MANY DISCUSSIONS IN THIS SITE.

BEST WISHES...

HHS

hss,

I have an offer letter starting sep, but dont have 3 paystubs.
Guys can this case be salvaged. Please advice!!

Since the GC is for future job, employment letter is very important.
If you will be getting that employment letter starting Sep, Why dont you ask INS to reschedule the interview in the later date?you will get EMPLOYMENT letter as well as pay stubs.

THis is kind of tough decision to make. But consult an attorney and other guys in this forum.

If you resehedule the interview, your case might get delayed for 2-3 months, but you will definitely get all the documents they need. You can definitely salvage ur GC. Is it AC21, you will have sufficient time to prepare all the documents to support ur case. No HURRY. Think over it. Do the best possible way.

I dont know your position. Will there be any problem if you reschedule???

YOu will be alright.

Best of Luck

salary

thanks, hhs. my concern is if my employer would be willing to provide such a letter to say they will pay me that much more than what i 'm currently paid upon GC approval, which may be within only a few months. i have no doute that they are willing to continue employ me though.

to Synapse

Originally posted by Synapse
hss,

I have an offer letter starting sep, but dont have 3 paystubs.
Guys can this case be salvaged. Please advice!!

What happened to your interview ?

I-485 and AC21 question
Friends,
Just need some info from Immigration experts:
I filed I-485 based on Approved I-140 to VSC in the first week of August 2002
Received Receipts for I-485, AP, EAD
Checked the AVM and my EAD has been approved, AP approved (not received in hands)
I received Finger Printing Notice today and my FP is scheduled on September 25th.

I have to take the benefit of AC21 and I want to change my employer.
Service Center is VSC and I am in Baltimore MD

I have a fear that once FP is over then my case may be transferred to Baltimore local INS office and they may schedule my Interview date before 180 days.
I was reading in some threads that once FBI clears the Finger printing then service center sends the file to local INS and they may conduct final interview in one month, that will be bad for me as I want my I-485 not to be approved before 180 days from filing.

I have few questions:
1. Is I-485 approved by service center and then file will be sent to local office or after Finger Print is received by VSC they will send file to local office to approve1-485
2. I hope one can take advantage of AC21 only if the case is pending with INS more than 180 days.
3. Should I postpone the finger Prints or I do not have to worry?
Please guide because I have to take the benefit of AC21.

Thanks in advance