Interview satisfied by immigration officer at local INS office but Case not approved.

Sept2000NSC

Registered Users (C)
After interview yesterday at Milwaukee, the officer said he\'s satisfied with the interview, however he can\'t approve our case until he receives a fax back(he\'ll fax something to State Department first) from the State Department. I take it as he will request immigrant visa number from the State Department. This is quite strange based on all local interview postings I read since once the interview is satisfactory, the case is usually approved. He wouldn\'t give us any timeline as to how long it\'ll take to get the fax. I am wondering: Have anybody ever had this experience? Is there a phone number that I can call to find out whether he\'s sent out the fax or not? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Transfer reason

We never opted for Consular processing(I wish I had). The lawyer told us the reason that our case was transferred from NSC to Milwaukee is because at the time of filing our 485, my spouse and I were married for less than 3 years. It\'s referred to as "short term spouse rule". Apparently there is a ransom checking for it. It turned out to be right since the whole interview was focused on lease, proof of documentation which has both our names, photos... The interviewing officer didn\'t even ask for employment letter and didn\'t take any document from us.

No Title

A good percentage of the cases similar to yours are NOT approved during the interview itself. Weeks and even month can sometime pass by.

Good luck!

Could you please share your experience

Hi!
I have an Interview scheduled nextweek at local office Could you please share your Interview experience DOs and DOn\'ts
THanks
Surekha