Interview Results: (b) --- A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

shadeshi

Registered Users (C)
After the naturalization interview, immigration officer gave a N-652. He marked that you have passed the english and US govt test. In the middle section, there are two checkboxes: A)--- Congratulations! Your application has been approved.........

B) --- A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

Officer check marked (B) - decision cannot ....... The reasons he gave that your name has not been cleared by Security (which is done any another US Govt. Agency - officer does not know the name of the agency). Also he mentioned that CIS cannot predict when security clearance will be done and asked not to contact CIS at least before 6 months.

Had Anyone had similar situation? Can some one can shed any light on this? What are the options available to expedite the process?

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848

i am in the same boat. however, the interview officer asked me to write to her if i did not hear anything from her after 120 days.

-- edit

However, I just thought about it. the interview officer who interviewed me might be new to USCIS. she informed me USCIS (DHS) conducts the background check. when i asked her the background is same as the name check from FBI or not, she said it is nothing to do with FBI :confused:

Anyway, may be i will get a standard reply from you after 120 days about "still pending background check"

good luck on your case

Last edited by a moderator:
I have same situation in Boston.

I took interview on 4/05 and have same situation as yours. I am still waiting and don't know where I can check my status.

jasmine_ma said:
I took interview on 4/05 and have same situation as yours. I am still waiting and don't know where I can check my status.

email FBI Name check email address. you can find out the email address from the link i provided in previous post.

however, they will take around 6-7 months to reply your request.