• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview Result

TommyEdo

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

Finally our whole family were interviewed today, with my wife being the winner.

Initially we were supposed to be interviewed one month before since our numbers were current, but I called the embassy to postpone it due to having to take into accounts our kids, my job and wife's personal schedules. Of course before that we had to jog through all required exercises such as medicals, police cert, translating all docs into English,correcting mistakes by emailing KCC DV. Funny thing was, it was written that docs in mother tongue need not to be translated, but the lady at the other end informed everything has tobe in English.

One week before the interview, we were asked to go to the embassy around 0830am, to have our documents sorted out by the lady at the window. Since we were 4 persons, so quite a lot of docs to show. She then proceeded with the docs, and found out several missing copies and even a required translation.

One day before the interview, all of us went for fingerprinting. I wonder whether it is called Biometric? If it is, then if we later on going to apply for Reentry Permits due to my kids finishing schools, do we still need to retake it?

Anyway, the next day came our interview. We went again to the lady who again sorted out the docs which i initially ordered into 4 sets. 1) originals docs 2) copies of originals 3) original translations 4) copies of translations.
She just needed to combine all of those.

Then she told us to pay USD 775 while telling me that we pay the remaining only if our GCs are awarded. Very fair I thought.

After waiting for eternity (we were the lasts!), not to mention our increased heartbeats, the gentleman nicely proceeded in asking what job I will be doing, my wife's job plan, where we will be staying, and asked the kids when are they going to finish their high schools. Then he said everything is ok, and I should go to the cashier to pay the remining, but uh oh, it was already closed. So I have to go there again tomorrow to pick the visas.

That's all I could tell you guys. Wish you all the best of luck for would be intervieweds. And thanks alot for Lucy, Tazmanian, Johnkent, Mihiranga, Igmu and of course Alemitmee and all countless others who have put out their advises and experiences in this forum. Bless you all.

Tommy
2008AS8xxx

Dear Friends,

Finally our whole family were interviewed today, with my wife being the winner.

Initially we were supposed to be interviewed one month before since our numbers were current, but I called the embassy to postpone it due to having to take into accounts our kids, my job and wife's personal schedules. Of course before that we had to jog through all required exercises such as medicals, police cert, translating all docs into English,correcting mistakes by emailing KCC DV. Funny thing was, it was written that docs in mother tongue need not to be translated, but the lady at the other end informed everything has tobe in English.

One week before the interview, we were asked to go to the embassy around 0830am, to have our documents sorted out by the lady at the window. Since we were 4 persons, so quite a lot of docs to show. She then proceeded with the docs, and found out several missing copies and even a required translation.

One day before the interview, all of us went for fingerprinting. I wonder whether it is called Biometric? If it is, then if we later on going to apply for Reentry Permits due to my kids finishing schools, do we still need to retake it?

Anyway, the next day came our interview. We went again to the lady who again sorted out the docs which i initially ordered into 4 sets. 1) originals docs 2) copies of originals 3) original translations 4) copies of translations.
She just needed to combine all of those.

Then she told us to pay USD 775 while telling me that we pay the remaining only if our GCs are awarded. Very fair I thought.

After waiting for eternity (we were the lasts!), not to mention our increased heartbeats, the gentleman nicely proceeded in asking what job I will be doing, my wife's job plan, where we will be staying, and asked the kids when are they going to finish their high schools. Then he said everything is ok, and I should go to the cashier to pay the remining, but uh oh, it was already closed. So I have to go there again tomorrow to pick the visas.

That's all I could tell you guys. Wish you all the best of luck for would be intervieweds. And thanks alot for Lucy, Tazmanian, Johnkent, Mihiranga, Igmu and of course Alemitmee and all countless others who have put out their advises and experiences in this forum. Bless you all.

Tommy
2008AS8xxx
Congrat...

Congrats!

But i have some question

1.What was the total cash the required of you for a family of 4
2.what was required of the person whose house you will stay in the interim any documentation etc.
your response will be appreciated.

But i have some question

1.What was the total cash the required of you for a family of 4
2.what was required of the person whose house you will stay in the interim any documentation etc.
your response will be appreciated.

Well, I showed them my deposit of usd 50k, including a house title. Seemed it was quite ok because he did not ask anything relating to the cash. Though he seemed a bit worried about how we are going to earn our livings in the States.

We are using an address of my niece who is studying there. No particular requirement I guess. It's just for receiving the physical GC and SS, before we shall start looking for a more permanent abode.