Interview requests Court Copies

beemer8

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I had applied for AOS and got interview letter asking me to bring certified copy of the court documents with regards to moving violations. I have already sent them along with the application, and they have it. Do I have to get another set of documents can I just ask them to look into my file?

You did not keep a copy of them? (always keep a copy of anything you send to USCIS).

You will have to re-send them, they may have lost them.

The interview letter has a check list to bring. It seems like its a generic letter that they send to everyone because it has things like medical exam, tax forms and other supporting documents that I have already sent. I just want to see if others who got interview letters are asking for the same things that they have already sent? That will clarify my confusion.

Documents on IL

They request for pretty much the same documents you have already submitted with your application (if you submitted supporting documents).

I got them ready, originals and copy, just in case they need to see them again. I also had some extra evidence not previously submitted.

I have made a checklist with everything I had and gave it to the officer so he knows what I have and do not have. I wanted to make it easier on both (officer and me) and not have him ask "do you have XXX"? and me to say no.

He liked my list and he said it was very helpful. I put everything the way it was requested on the IL although I had submitted most of the evidence with my application.

I hope this helps.

Was the request for the court documents under the heading : "YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU" ?

Or was it a separate letter?

When I received my IL - on the official USCIS form I797C it tell me to bring the court documents (if I had ever been arrested) and I also received a separate letter explicitly about the court documents and it talked about the moving violations (I don't have that letter with me so I can't quote what it said).

But since I have never been arrested nor have I had any moving violations or any charges for drugs or alcohol - I assumed that the extra letter and the item on the I-797C checklist were just "form letters" that they send to everybody.

Just make sure you have the originals and copies of everything to originally sent in, just in case.

Was the request for the court documents under the heading : "YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU" ?

Or was it a separate letter?

When I received my IL - on the official USCIS form I797C it tell me to bring the court documents (if I had ever been arrested) and I also received a separate letter explicitly about the court documents and it talked about the moving violations (I don't have that letter with me so I can't quote what it said).

But since I have never been arrested nor have I had any moving violations or any charges for drugs or alcohol - I assumed that the extra letter and the item on the I-797C checklist were just "form letters" that they send to everybody.

Just make sure you have the originals and copies of everything to originally sent in, just in case.

Yeah, it was under "you must bring the following items with you" , I can take copy(s) of supporting documents but not the original court copy, because I only obtained one at the time of submission and your not supposed to unclip the original court documents, they had to be sent AS IS. I really don't want to go again to the court and obtain the court documents, if I dont have to. I however have a copy and additional evidence to take. Yes, I also got that additional letter with "Notice to applicant" saying to bring court certified copies. I think its the same letter they send to everyone without going through the pain of checking what one has sent and not sent, which is understandable.

Thanks all!
I called the court office and they are sending me the record over the mail. It takes so much time t collect all this and even after we send it, we cant be sure if they still have it. I guess the burden of proof is on us and we have to do the work not once but twice :)