Interview questions

Don Galleto

Registered Users (C)
Hello to all!

I have some questions regarding the interview. My wife does not speak English. She speaks Spanish. For the interview, can I translate for her (I am the USC)? Will they provide a translator, or must we provide one?

We have two wonderful kids (2 and 4 yrs old). Can we take them with us to the interview? Both are USC, and they might be the best proof of our bona fide marriage ;)

This is the best forum I was able to find. It is full of wonderful users that are really willing to help.

By the way, we live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don Galleto said:
Hello to all!

I have some questions regarding the interview. My wife does not speak English. She speaks Spanish. For the interview, can I translate for her (I am the USC)? Will they provide a translator, or must we provide one?

We have two wonderful kids (2 and 4 yrs old). Can we take them with us to the interview? Both are USC, and they might be the best proof of our bona fide marriage ;)

This is the best forum I was able to find. It is full of wonderful users that are really willing to help.

By the way, we live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

You will have to arrange for a translator, USCIS will not provide one.

Unless the kids too are immigrating and are asked to be present at the interview, it is not required for them to be present. All you need is proof that they are your kids to prove that this marriage is bonafide.

Thank you ari4u. I understand the translator question.
Regarding the kids, it might be hard for us to find someone to take care of the kids. Even though it will not be required for them to be present, can we still take them with us to the interview?
I just sent the I-130 & I-485 to the Chicago Lockbox. I have no idea where our interview will be (we live 80 miles away from Minneapolis/St. Paul). My plan is to call and ask as soon as I get the interview apointment. I was just wondering if anyone in the forum took their kids to the interview.