Interview question

yhhy1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had my interview on 11/15, the whole process was smooth.

after I finished interview, the officer asked me to sign my photos, application, and a paper. She asked me to check my name spelling and birthday( I already forgot) on the paper and asked me to sign the paper. But my friend told me that paper only for people who want to change their name. So that's why I haven't receive my oath letter and I may have a judicial oath ceremony. Is this normal? I mean I don't ask to change my name, and when the officer asked me to verify the name on the paper, it's still my original name.

I am sorry I really confused about this. And really worry about my oath letter. Although the officer said they need 1~4 months to schedule the oath date.

There are two places on the orignial N400 that you will have to sign at the end of interview to acknowledge that all the info on N400 are correct and you agree the Oath of allegieance. For name change, there are two more papers (duplication) that will be printed out and required for signature. In fact, if you request for name change, the two places on N400 will have to sign the original name for the first place and your new name for the Oth of Allegieance.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two places on the orignial N400 that you will have to sign at the end of interview to acknowledge that all the info on N400 are correct and you agree the Oath of allegncy. For name change, there are two more papers (duplication) that will be printed out and required for signature. In fact, if you request for name change, the two places on N400 will have to sign the original name for the first place and your new name for the Oth of Allegency.

SO if I only sign my original name on N400 and only sign a other paper with my original name, does this mean there is no problem with my name. and all the thing I need to do is waiting?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your situation just as normal, if anything, it would be only to wait for so call "supervisor's review" as they do for various reasons. If you had made any name change request, the name you signed on the photo will nned to be your new name.