Interview Question

rainman007

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,
I have two part question:

1).My interview in scheduled in Dallas on the 23rd this month. I have gone thru a divorce before. My ex got a GC through me and things did not work out soon after the marriage and we got divorced within 1 year. What type of questions could I expect from the interview officer.

2). Do I expect that my background check has been completed already since I got the interview.

Thanks in advance.

raine.

All the checks are supposed to be finished. Even if they aren't, they are required to make a decision within 120 days of your interview (they might put up a fight).

Getting an interview is always good news.

rainman007 said:
My ex got a GC through me and things did not work out soon after the marriage and we got divorced within 1 year. What type of questions could I expect from the interview officer.

Since N-400 is an individual process, I'm not sure you'll face any specific questioning on the situation with your ex.

What may be more pertinent for her however, is if she only held a conditional GC prior to your divorce. She may not be able to get it renewed/converted into a full 10yr GC.

rainman007 said:
Dear Friends,

1).My interview in scheduled in Dallas on the 23rd this month. I have gone thru a divorce before. My ex got a GC through me and things did not work out soon after the marriage and we got divorced within 1 year. What type of questions could I expect from the interview officer.

2). Do I expect that my background check has been completed already since I got the interview.

Thanks in advance.

raine.
Hey rainman, congrats on receiving your IL.
Did your online status disappear once you got your IL?

MissMolina,
my case status disappeared a few days before i got the interview letter.
PD 9/06/06
Int. 03/23/07

rainman007 said:
Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance.

raine.
Nope Divorce is no problem. Make sure that you take the original Court Divorce Decree to the Interview. Also, if you had kids during the marriage then please take documentation to show that you are paying child support. I would also recommend taking your tax documents to show that you are filing single.

If you have received your Interview Letter then you can be 99% sure that all the security checks (FP and Name Check) are completed.

If they are not then unfortunately your interview can be "De-Scheduled".

The USCIS officer may ask you the date and place of marriage, date of divorce etc during the interview, so go over your N400 application before your interview. My spouse had her N400 interview last month and the officer asked questions based on the information that she had given on the N400, including date of marriage, divorce etc.