Interview pending and travel

GC2C

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have an interview coming up in the next few weeks. I am going to be out of the country for about 3 days next week.

Please advise if I should modify my N-400 with this travel and submit at the interview time or just let the IO know about this verbally.

Thanks much.

Verbally is fine. The IO will ask you if you've been out of the country since submitting the N-400, and when you reply in the affirmative, you'll be asked to make a handwritten amendment adding this trip to your N-400, then and there.

Thanks.

My wife and myself have the appointment same day and same time. Will it be with the same officer together or will it be seperate with different officers?

Most likely different officers. It will be at different times, right? Unlikely you will get the same officeer.

For your travel, update the page of your original application and take it with you. When asked, give them the updated page (they may take it, or simply update the existing one). It's nice to be prepared and they may appreciate your help with the document. I've read that they simply replace the original with the new updated one.

Thanks.

My wife and myself have the appointment same day and same time. Will it be with the same officer together or will it be seperate with different officers?

It would be two separate interviews, one on one with different officers, even if the appointment time is identical. In cases where your appointments are at different times or if you are called up at different times, you could end up having been interviewed by the same officer by chance.

Last edited by a moderator: