Interview passed, Name Check still pending

Sams68

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
My wife and I had our interview today and every thing went so quick.
We were in and out in less than 40 minutes. I answered all the questions correctly. And they handed me a piece of paper says that I passed the exam however decision can't be made it this time. I asked why the officer mentioned that name check was not cleared as of this morning.
For my wife, she answered all the questions correctly and got the Oath Letter begin of June. She tried to change it to be in August since she will be traveling, the officer advised her to change her travel plans.

I hope to get my oath letter soon and don't get stuck in this name check. Also, I am very surprised that name check is not ready since my name is very very unique and there are less that 6 people in the world has same first/last name. The only thing I can do now is just wait.........
Best of luck to you all and please wish me luck.
Sams68

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam68
If its any consolation, I have the same situation as yours.

In my case its the other way around. I got my cleared my interview and finished my oath yesterday. However my wife got interviewed along with me yesterday and they told her that her file is incomplete and they will let her know later. She was asked to sign the N400 and the photogrphs.

I am confident its not a name check issue, else they would have told her.

Sams68,

I am also in the exact same situation as you are. I passed my interview on 2nd May.

To followup with the 'name check' issue, I sent an email and a fax to NNCP the same day ... but don't have much hopes of any reply from them. I also called the FBI customer services but they were not much helpful.

I have posted my experience at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=183801