Interview Passed ! Feedback (Nebraska/KC DOS)

AlexanderG

Registered Users (C)
'Thank You' to this forum that provided valuable information to me and my family over the past months. To sum up my experiences: Priority Date to Interview in 5 months. The N400 Form was very straight forward and simple (mention the traffic tickets, they won't harm your application), the interview was just as expected (Official 100 questions, simple reading/writing test) - no problem. The adjudication officers were very friendly and professional. The appointments (Fingerprinting and interview) were absolutely on time here in Kansas City, MO - very well orchestrated.
So, nothing exiting - just a positive feedback about the USCIS and the N400 petition. I hope to encourage those who have not reached the interview date yet.
Just one thing: You will have studied your questions, you may be perfectly prepared or somewhat uncertain about the outcome of the interview ... in any case accept that you will be nervous and that it is NORMAL. When you know that it will be like that no matter what, you will be less likely to perform worse than you could or to 'say something stupid' :rolleyes: AND: only answer questions you are being asked... do not volunteer any information out of 'misplaced honesty'. If something is not going your way you will be the first to know anyway.

We will be waiting for the oath date and I'll keep visiting to see when I possibly can help out somebody in need for some feedback or advice.

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you carry proof of disposed/paid traffice tickets or did you submit it with your application?

AlexanderG said:
....The N400 Form was very straight forward and simple (mention the traffic tickets, they won't harm your application), the interview was just as expected

Alex

Congratulations...

You mentioned it took 5 months between Priority Date and Interview Date. However, the district office processing time for Kansas City seems to be only around 2-3 months.

Was there any other delay? Or, is the status date posting is not accurate?

Thanks..

a) Yes, I had proof of payment for the citations. I contacted the police stations and received certified prints without charge or any hassle. Even for the parking ticket that I received 7 years ago (I thought it was overkill to get a proof for that but it was easy to obtain). The officer actually did not care about these relatively minor violation - as one would expect.
b) I think if you look up the processing time you see how long it takes for the DOS to process your application. Everything has to go through Nebraska before though ... I am very happy with the 5 months and consider this to be 'very efficient' since there is alot of background-checking going on.

Alex