Interview passed -Fairfax office

saisrik

Registered Users (C)
I was approved my citizenship Jan 4th and oath is on Jan 18th on Martin King Luther's Day Special ceremony . Below is Interview details.

My Interview was scheduled at 8:20am & I left the house from ashburn at 7:00 am delayed to get my Starbucks coffee(helps me with nervousness..) thought would be at Fairfax office by 7.45...but traffic jam on toll road ..got in at 8.05(was tensed up). I gave my letter and a nice lady officer came took me into her office. She told me I was first one for 2010....:). She did the oath and asked for DL,PP and Green card . She went through application and re-confirmed. Only change was I was laid off two week back which I mentioned and she noted that and updated application. Then to questions(exactly same as what others had)

1. Who wrote Declration of Independence? I said Jefferson..she said First name? I said Thomas Jefferson...She said I am glad you didn't say T.J
2. State that borders mexico: Arizona
3. Who is the commander in chief of the military? The U.S President
4. 3 original states of the 13? MD, VA, Delaware
5. Two major parties: Republican & Democratic
6. Presidents Party: Democractic

And she asked me to read and write a sentence...

After that she declared I passsed...what a relief..long way to come this far.

I was expecting her to say to come back for oath at 2.00..but she started saying the oath would be in Jan...she started look at calendar...at which piont my heart sank :(..she said Jan 18th..as it is Martin King Luther B'day. A special ceremony in DC. I was planning to go India for Pongal...disappointed.
Any way I'm very happy .

Look's like 81 people would be doing oath on Jan 18th. One of my college friend(met him at interview waiting room after 12 years) had passed and his oath is on Jan 18th...So I think people who get interviewed this week at fairfax would do oath on Jan 18th...FYI.

Thansk to Everyone here on the forum for all the help and support. Esp to WANTGCNOW.....thanks for FBI finger printing issue which helped me to redo and get to interview.

ALL the best for everyone....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Saisrik. Congrats.

I do have a question and hope you will be able to answer.

Do you know if there are any issues going to india for GOOD after immediately getting United States Citizenship ? Or is there a waiting time ?

I know that while holding green card, you can not be outside United States for more than 180 days unless you have applied for the reentry permit.

Thanks
Rajesh

As far my knowledge goes it should not be an issue going back to india on us citizenship as long as you have OCI or PIO card...if not you can stay max 6 months only as a visitor.