interview passed but told that appln need to be looked by the supervisor

aravind741

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview today and I passed the test. But I was told by the officer that a decision could not be reached today and it has to be looked by a supervisor before a decision had to be made.

When verifying the application, there were some changes (ie) some info were corrected by the officer.

Any one who had this situation please let me know.

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
what were the changes?
how do you know (your sig) that this is due to the changes? did they tell you that?
if not, and if those changes were nothing big, I assume that a junior officer/trainee did the IV, and in that case, it is normal that it has to be approved by a senior IO.

Depends on what the changes were though, and if they really told you that this is due to the changes or whether that's your own assumption.

some were minor changes like how many times that spouse has been married ( i am getting naturalized by marriage to US citizen).
I had not filled that one and has forgot. also how many childern question. I had forgot. those where filled. then there was a question like where you registered for SS when you were between 18 and 26. i had selected "No" option. I was in US from 22 onwards but only got GC at 31 years of age. so the officer took note of that.

the big mistake (god know why i did that is )

i had selected "No" option for all the questions under the "OATH" section. Even though when I was asked, I answered "Yes" and it was corrected by the officer. That might have triggered for review is my guess.

Supervisor review is fairly common, don't worry too much. It might add two or three weeks extra to your oath letter time. Don't beat yourself up about those corrections done at the interview.

My 2 cents.

Interview passed but told that USCIS will send written decision about the application.

I am also in the same situation. I had my interview yesterday at SFO and I passed the test. But I was told by the officer that I Had passed the Civic and English test and USCIS will send me a written decision about my application.
The situation was I got laid off from the Job a week after I got the GC through the sponsoring employer and in the same month I joined another company. Interviewed officer asked me why did I change the employer very soon and I told him I got laid off and joined the other company. Then the interview officer told me he needs to verify the facts and review it with his supervisor.

Any one who had this situation please let me know and how long will it take to receive the written decision.

05/21: mailed to CSC
06/06: FP done.
07/09: Received the Interview Letter
08/13: Interview