Interview , Original Birth Certificate /Passport ???

earthlovers123

Registered Users (C)
Hello
I have a Naturalisation interview comming soon Based on USC spouse .
Do I have to take ORIGINAL birth certificate and passport of my spouse .
I have a Photo copy of passport to prove the US citizenship of spouse but
I could not find original documents .
Please help

How soon is the interview? Can you not apply for another passport for your spouse and get it expedited?

I am not a lawyer.

thx,

AK

Only Photo copy

Hello interview is after end of sept .
I have photo copy of passort and we are not getting new passport for her now . It is somewhere in Home .
We only have photo copy of date of birth too .
Is that okay to have photho copy for the interview to prove the citizenship for spouse when you are appling though the spouse

Its easier to get Birth Certificate

A birth certificate will prove citizenship of your spouse as long as he/she was born in the US. It is lot easier to get a birth cetificate from the county register if you are living in the same area. I beleive it only cost around $5 and only few minutes for them to print and stamp one. When I had my interview based on marriage to USC, I took all origianl documents but the officer didnt look at any of them except my original passport(to check travel dates) and GC (to make copies as I didnt send it in with my app, i was still waiting on the new one after I removed condition when I sent in N 400).

So they dont look at Spouse birth certificate

pinto19 said:
A birth certificate will prove citizenship of your spouse as long as he/she was born in the US. It is lot easier to get a birth cetificate from the county register if you are living in the same area. I beleive it only cost around $5 and only few minutes for them to print and stamp one. When I had my interview based on marriage to USC, I took all origianl documents but the officer didnt look at any of them except my original passport(to check travel dates) and GC (to make copies as I didnt send it in with my app, i was still waiting on the new one after I removed condition when I sent in N 400).

So they usually dont look at spouse birth certificate ?
can I just get by having photo copy..too lazy to go everywhere and get one I guess

I would make the extra effort to bring the original documents. Photocopies are easily altered and may arouse suspicion.