Interview on the 25thm haven't received my appointment letter yet . PLEASE HELP guys

sudiptabhaskar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My appointment is on the 25th. So ideally we would need to be there latest by the 16th.

I haven't received my appointment letter yet, I know that they say that I can pick it up at the consulate but how will let them know that. They don't answer the email. Have anyone done this before, how did they contact them?

Please help. I don't have much time here.

Thanks

Sudipta

Hi,

My appointment is on the 25th. So ideally we would need to be there latest by the 16th.

I haven't received my appointment letter yet, I know that they say that I can pick it up at the consulate but how will let them know that. They don't answer the email. Have anyone done this before, how did they contact them?

Please help. I don't have much time here.

Thanks

Sudipta

Friends,

If we dont get an appointment letter send an email to consulate.They will ask u sto print the packet 4 forms from internet and they says if we can print the web appoint and show them on appointment date tehy will let us in.So dont panic if u dont get interview letter.But import thing is send an email to them and carry teh print out of there response along with web appointment copy to consulate.
Good luck

Thanks for the reply man.. but I had had no luck getting a reply from them. So even if I try again and send them an email and don’t get a reply in next 3 to 4 biz days (that is when I will be flying out I guess) what do I do then? I mean I can print off packet 4 of the net but what about the original appointment letter? How will I get my medical done otherwise?

Thanks

Sudipta

Without original appointment letter, consulate will not let you in on interview day and VFS will not take documents.

Do you guys think that they will honour the interview dates in July even if no EB categories are available? I am scared to spend money flying back and then at the last moment they say that interview has been cancelled due to unavailbility of VISA numbers.

Please share what your thoughts are? Do they secure VISA number just after they schedule the interview or they seek visa number on the day of interview?

thanks

Thanks for the reply man.. but I had had no luck getting a reply from them. So even if I try again and send them an email and don’t get a reply in next 3 to 4 biz days (that is when I will be flying out I guess) what do I do then? I mean I can print off packet 4 of the net but what about the original appointment letter? How will I get my medical done otherwise?

Thanks

Sudipta

Original Passport

My interview is on July 25th. I have sent some documents (all copies and no originals) to my parents to submit to VFS. Do we also need to show original passports to them while submitting documents? If we do need to do that, it will mean flying there. I am getting conflicting information on that.

Also, it is my understanding the Visa Numbers are allocated before an interview is scheduled by the consulate. If the interviewees don't show up or fail the interview (extremely rare), the Visa Numbers are returned to the pool.

Packet 4 clearly says original and photocpy of many documents like passport, birth cert., marriage cert etc.

How sure you are that visa numbers are allocated when they schedule your interview? if that is truth then they will issue GC stamp to all candidate scheduled for July. Do you have any link to this argument?

thanks

My interview is on July 25th. I have sent some documents (all copies and no originals) to my parents to submit to VFS. Do we also need to show original passports to them while submitting documents? If we do need to do that, it will mean flying there. I am getting conflicting information on that.

Also, it is my understanding the Visa Numbers are allocated before an interview is scheduled by the consulate. If the interviewees don't show up or fail the interview (extremely rare), the Visa Numbers are returned to the pool.

Without original appointment letter, consulate will not let you in on interview day and VFS will not take documents.

Yes I know that but my question is how do I get the appointment letter?

Do you guys think that they will honour the interview dates in July even if no EB categories are available? I am scared to spend money flying back and then at the last moment they say that interview has been cancelled due to unavailbility of VISA numbers.

For that topic, please refer to http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=256013.. Guys let’s not clog up one thread with all the issues.

Thanks

Sudipta

Where does it say original on Packet 4?

Vmanish,

Where does it say on Packet 4 that original documents need to be submitted to VFS. I am talking about submission that is to be done 7-10 days prior to the interview. For that do we need to show the original passports?

Update: VFS is saying that interviews are on unless otherwise told (will call the consulate as well once again). They are suggesting me to email the consulate so that they scan the interview letter and email it to me.. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am not getting any reply from them. Is there a special subject line that I should use other than 'request for specific information'? Guys please let me know.

I have also confirmed with VFS that it will be ok for me to submit my papers on the 16th without the medical (cause that is the best I can do) and I can bring the medical with me for the interview.

You can send an email to <consulate>IV@state.gov, say if your consulate is chennai consulate then the email address is chennaiIV@state.gov.

I am in similar situation and they did respond very quickly.

Hope this helps and you will hear from them.

CHK THIS OUT:
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivfaq.html#date

My date is current, my case is in Mumbai, and I turned in my forms. How can I find out the appointment date?

We schedule immigrant visa appointments by the middle of each month for the following month. We send a letter to the address of record in each case.

We also post immigrant visa appointments on our web site every month. Please check currently scheduled appointments to see if you or your relative has an appointment in the near future. If a case number appears on this list but the applicant has not yet received an appointment letter, either the applicant or an authorized agent may pick up a Duplicate Appointment Letter from our Public Information window any business day between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m., except for Indian and American holidays.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Keep this in mind

1) to reach to information window u hv to stand in a queue of dozen of ppl seeking different kind of info from the “authorized agent” at information window.

2) authorized agent helps u and gives sufficient time to answer ur queries.

3) if u cant make to visit agent “between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m” (try to make it on time, though the actual time there is 9:00 to 11:00 am) and if u need to seek an urgent info u can also meet some agent after 11:00am, but its not at the same information window (ask security there, who is standing to watch info-seekers at information window)

4) for this u hv to be in mumbai or ( I m not sure about - if any of your family members thr at mumbai, cd also collect the pkt IV+apt letter from authorized agent ASAP..the agent would ask ur BMB case number to the member!!...but make sure by calling consulate ppl - abt family member collecting ur aptLtr+pktIV from the information window on ur behalf.???)

5) vfs ppl (crew of very young ppl) r not much aware of the deeper-rules/knowledge as compared to the info-window-agent(one who looks elderly n experienced). Vfs ppl are much on or around collecting documents …if something goes wrong they wd tell u to visit consulate agent, so better to get right info thru consulate-agent.

6) But the thing is the call easily connects to vfs but hardly connects to consulate :(

CHK THIS OUT:
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivfaq.html#date

My date is current, my case is in Mumbai, and I turned in my forms. How can I find out the appointment date?

We schedule immigrant visa appointments by the middle of each month for the following month. We send a letter to the address of record in each case.

We also post immigrant visa appointments on our web site every month. Please check currently scheduled appointments to see if you or your relative has an appointment in the near future. If a case number appears on this list but the applicant has not yet received an appointment letter, either the applicant or an authorized agent may pick up a Duplicate Appointment Letter from our Public Information window any business day between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m., except for Indian and American holidays.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Keep this in mind

1) to reach to information window u hv to stand in a queue of dozen of ppl seeking different kind of info from the “authorized agent” at information window.

2) authorized agent helps u and gives sufficient time to answer ur queries.

3) if u cant make to visit agent “between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m” (try to make it on time, though the actual time there is 9:00 to 11:00 am) and if u need to seek an urgent info u can also meet some agent after 11:00am, but its not at the same information window (ask security there, who is standing to watch info-seekers at information window)

4) for this u hv to be in mumbai or ( I m not sure about - if any of your family members thr at mumbai, cd also collect the pkt IV+apt letter from authorized agent ASAP..the agent would ask ur BMB case number to the member!!...but make sure by calling consulate ppl - abt family member collecting ur aptLtr+pktIV from the information window on ur behalf.???)

5) vfs ppl (crew of very young ppl) r not much aware of the deeper-rules/knowledge as compared to the info-window-agent(one who looks elderly n experienced). Vfs ppl are much on or around collecting documents …if something goes wrong they wd tell u to visit consulate agent, so better to get right info thru consulate-agent.

6) But the thing is the call easily connects to vfs but hardly connects to consulate :(

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am not getting any reply from them. Is there a special subject line that I should use other than 'request for specific information'?

I would write a subject line as URGENT: BMBxxxxxx - Packet Not Received - InterviewDate

Although they write that you have to submit all the documents at the same time, infact all you need to susbmit before interview is DSS230 and the fees. Rest of the document you can take at the time of interview. It is advised to submit all the documents before the interview so that they can verify and let you know if anything is missing.

This was told to my wife when she missed her deadline coz she could not collect all the documents on time...

Good Luck buddy...

If you have the BMB number someone form your family can pick up the duplicate appointment letter at the Information Window Mumbai consulate. It is open from 8.30 - 11.00 am. My father had picked up mine with no problems. All you need is the BMB number.

Also Baker,
You need to have the Original Passport when you submit the documents to the VFS. VFS will return the passport with a Bar code on it. Medical is not needed at this time, it can be handed in at the time of the interview.

Also note that you will most probably not get the passport back the same day of the interview.
My interview was on June 26th, I did not get my passport back till the 29th. I went to the VFS everyday.

When you go to collect the passport back from the VFS, they will tell you that the line is the same for everybody (Immigrant and non immigrant visas), but at 5.00pm they will ask all immigrant visa appllicants to come forward and send you inside the VFS.

VFS provides the Stars and Stripes lounge service on the day of the interview for Rs 200 per person. I did not avail of this. There is no need to. Just go to the Consulate at around 7.00 am and they will call all immigarnt visa applicants to the front of the line at around 7.10am.

Nkelkar, first of all thanks a lot for taking this time and posting all these which are immensely helpful. I really appreciate your help.

If you have the BMB number someone form your family can pick up the duplicate appointment letter at the Information Window Mumbai consulate. It is open from 8.30 - 11.00 am. My father had picked up mine with no problems. All you need is the BMB number.

I am going to send my friend over there Monday morning with my passport no and case number. Hope they give it to her.

Also note that you will most probably not get the passport back the same day of the interview.
My interview was on June 26th, I did not get my passport back till the 29th. I went to the VFS everyday.

I had the same. My interview was on 26th June and visa stamp was 29th June 9.52am. Since I was local to Mumbai I just went to the VFS every day and checked if the passport was ready.

Point to note here is that don't plan on flying back right after the interview.
If you are local to mumbai then give 3-4 days to get passport back, If not local then give atleast a week.

that is the problem. VFS says that you can pick up the passport that very evening. And now the reality is this. I am planning to fly to Calcutta the next day and fly back to Mumbai on the 5th to catch my flight to Toronto that night. so that would mean I have three options?

1. Stay put in Mumbai until I receive our passportsd and I hope the whole family doesn't nees to stay back, I can pick it up on their behalf.
2. Go back to Calcutta and give VFS my Calcutta address and hope that I will get it back before the 5th.
3. Come back and pick it up on the 5th (very risky).

There is no way they would give me back my passport huh while I wait for the packet?

VFS provides the Stars and Stripes lounge service on the day of the interview for Rs 200 per person. I did not avail of this. There is no need to. Just go to the Consulate at around 7.00 am and they will call all immigarnt visa applicants to the front of the line at around 7.10am.

What is this? A scheme to get your money?

And one last question, my visa fess are already paid..I hope I can pay any other fee at VFS in cash right?