Interview on 6/8, lost old passports

bkd52

Registered Users (C)
I have my interview on 6/8. The interview letter asks to bring ALL old passports to the interview. Just realized, I lost my old passports. Cant remember if the Indian consulate keeps the old passports at renewal? (by mail)

Do the IO's specifically ask for the passports?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my interview on 6/8. The interview letter asks to bring ALL old passports to the interview. Just realized, I lost my old passports. Cant remember if the Indian consulate keeps the old passports at renewal? (by mail)

No, Indian consulate doesn't keep the old passports..they just stamp it as canceled and return as far as I know from my experience.

I believe if you have the current passport with all the entry stamps in the last 5 years, that should be ok.

Please share your interview experience after you are done on Monday as I have mine scheduled on Tuesday morning..same place :)

They may or may not ask for old passports. If you have listed all trips acurately on the application form you should be okay. If you are asked at interview for the old passport you can explain you lost/mislaid your old passport. If you state you lost it you might formally report it missing to the local police and have a report on hand just in case.

At least this is the advice I received when I posted a similar question a few months ago, the missing old passport turned up. I haven't had my interview yet so can't say if it will be asked for.

Are the trips in the last 5 years and establishing continuous presence the ONLY reason we are asked to bring passports?

I have the current passport and 1 old/expired passport. Together these two account for all the trips in the last 11 years. I guess if the IO is only interested in the past 5 years then I should be okay. I don't think they would be too concerned about my travels beyond 11 years ago. We shall see...

Last edited by a moderator: