Interview on 3/27

imhopeful

Registered Users (C)
Interview on 3/27 - Approved w/ Namecheck pending!

Hello everyone,

Firstly, let me thank everyone on this forum for the great tips, advice and guidance - my immigration journey would have been a lot tougher without this forum.

Secondly, our interview is tomorrow. I'm fairly confident and yet, at the same time, my wife and I are somewhat nervous - I guess that's natural!

I hope I can post a positive interview experience tomorrow. Here are the documents that we are carrying for our proof of bonafide relationship.

- Travel: Boarding pass stubs from about 10 trips and Frequent Flier records
- Photos: About 50 photos from the last 2 years
- Marriage Certificate
- Bank Statements (1 Checking and 1 Savings account with statements for the last 6 months)
- Insurance records: Car insurance with both our names on it
- Life Insurance: Both our life insurance docs which designate the other as beneficiary
- 401k records: Both records which designate the other as beneficiary
- Health enrollment confirmation (my USC wife is listed as my dependent)
- Health insurance cards
- Emails to each other (I picked about 5 emails total - including our first emails to each other!)
- Credit Card records
- Utility bills (no joint bills but different bills showing the same address)
- Tax Records
- Phone records for my wife's phone which show calls made to my work and cellphone number
- Lease and Certificate of Occupancy
- Cards received on our wedding (about 6)

In addition, we have the Birth Certificates, W2s, Payroll records, Letters from both our employers, copy of all submitted forms

Wish us luck! I will report back tomorrow on our experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the best...

HI:

I wish you all the best in your interview. I hope you will post a good experience on your interview, which will be an approval and a hug from the officer....:eek:

Thank you...

... for the good wishes. Heading out in another 30 minutes to meet the friendly folks at USCIS. :)

Good luck

When they asked if I was a communist, I thought about saying "no, comrade", but decided against it. I guess I looked too young to get asked if I was an escaped Nazi war criminal.
Hopefully you get a friendly officer.....

Good choice Canuck

When they asked if I was a communist, I thought about saying "no, comrade", but decided against it. I guess I looked too young to get asked if I was an escaped Nazi war criminal.
Hopefully you get a friendly officer.....

Canuck,

I am glad you decided against this inappropriate joke, because I saw it cost someone his naturalization last year. Was asked if he was communist, he said no, but planned to become one once he's granted the citizenship.:rolleyes:

He realized that he was the only one amused by this ridiculous joke. Result: denied his naturalization based on a ridiculous joke stunt...:eek: Jokes should be left at the door when dealing with power hungry douches...:(

Approved :) Namecheck pending :(

Approved :) Namecheck pending :(

Hello everyone,

Just returned from our interview - it lasted all of 5 minutes. The officer was very friendly (although he looked stern!). Didn't really ask any questions - I'm listing the ones I remember

- ever been arrested?
- any past immigration problems?
- where did you meet?
- where do your parents live?
- asked for proof of joint living
- we showed him our lease
- copies of our W2 docs
- photographs together
- credit card records
- bank statements

At the start of the interview, he administered the oath and also told me that the Namecheck was still pending so he wouldn't be able to grant the green card immediately.

He took my I-94 card. He also said that the green card will arrive in the mail after the namecheck is cleared. I hope it clears soon!

My wife and I were both a little nervous (although we wouldn't admit it to each other!!!) and are relieved that this is mostly over.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for helping out. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

Cheers...

Congratulations:p I too had a 5 minute interview and was approved 12/7 but unfortunately haven't got the actual green card. I wish you the best. You just have to wait till the namecheck clears. Again, congratulations.:p ;) :D

Thanks

Congratulations:p I too had a 5 minute interview and was approved 12/7 but unfortunately haven't got the actual green card. I wish you the best. You just have to wait till the namecheck clears. Again, congratulations.:p ;) :D

Thanks NeShawn - what did your online status say after the interview? All the best to you too - here's hoping that we both receive the actual GC soon!

congrats! Did you take you fp on oct of last year? If so, its taking that long for the name check? Where did you have your interview?

Thanks NeShawn - what did your online status say after the interview? All the best to you too - here's hoping that we both receive the actual GC soon!

My online status has not changed at all!! I am going for Infopass Friday to find out what is going on. It is a little unusual because others usually get an online update about approval or card or something after interview within a week or two. Hard to say why but will clue you in if I found out whats what. Yours could go smoother. I certainly hope so.

i just finish mine also. they ask the same thing. but she said that i need to wait for the background check. is it the same thing? she also gave me a papaer show that it may take 3 months if i do not recved anything after 3 months i can do the infopass.

you still havent gotten ur card yet????:eek:
I had my interview 2 days before u did at the same DO and got it early january..I hope you get it soon

Yes, FP was done in October

congrats! Did you take you fp on oct of last year? If so, its taking that long for the name check? Where did you have your interview?

Hey lexis300,

Yes, I completed by fingerprinting in Oct'06. I don't know why the namecheck is taking so long - from what I've read on the forums, the namecheck can often take many months and in some unfortunate instances, even longer than a year. The immigration officer said he did not know how much time it might take.

My interview was in Memphis.

Thanks NeShawn...

My online status has not changed at all!! I am going for Infopass Friday to find out what is going on. It is a little unusual because others usually get an online update about approval or card or something after interview within a week or two. Hard to say why but will clue you in if I found out whats what. Yours could go smoother. I certainly hope so.

...please let me know what you find out at the InfoPass

you will be ok

hey there, i met the same situation. got interviewed on 9/27 but pending name check. On 12/23, i got approved and on 1/3/07, i got the green card. It will be ok, don't worry! Good luck again!

hey there, i met the same situation. got interviewed on 9/27 but pending name check. On 12/23, i got approved and on 1/3/07, i got the green card. It will be ok, don't worry! Good luck again!

How do you find green card is pending name check? Does the officer you tell you in the interview or is it USCIS status?

My wife is expecting GC (Interview March 3 2007 - Des Moines). Office was very polite and nice. She finished interview with no closing comments. After asking for the status, she told us GC is approved and we will get within 2-3 weeks. No Passport Stamp. No mention of name check.

EAD received last week. Status changed online for I765 (EAD).
No status change online (LUD) for I-485.

Missouri Service Center (MSC)

Filed I-485 and I-765 US Citizen spouse
Priority Date Dec 28 2006
Receipt Notce 1/2/2007
FP Notice 1/4/2007
FP 1/19/2007
I485 Initial Interview notice 1/17/2007
Interview 3/6/2007. No Stamp.

I765 EAD
3/16/2007 card ordered
3/22/2007 approval notice sent
3/23/2007 EAD received

This is the fastest we have seen of any of her application move. I-130, K3 Visa took 6 mon. - 1 year.

The question is should we go get the passport stamped to get the I-485 status change or do we just wait to get the GC in the mail??? I read in this forum that I have to have GC approval notice (paper copy) before stamping??? Pl. advise.

Thanks.

The officer told me before the actual interview started...

How do you find green card is pending name check? Does the officer you tell you in the interview or is it USCIS status?

My wife is expecting GC (Interview March 3 2007 - Des Moines). Office was very polite and nice. She finished interview with no closing comments. After asking for the status, she told us GC is approved and we will get within 2-3 weeks. No Passport Stamp. No mention of name check.

EAD received last week. Status changed online for I765 (EAD).
No status change online (LUD) for I-485.

Missouri Service Center (MSC)

Filed I-485 and I-765 US Citizen spouse
Priority Date Dec 28 2006
Receipt Notce 1/2/2007
FP Notice 1/4/2007
FP 1/19/2007
I485 Initial Interview notice 1/17/2007
Interview 3/6/2007. No Stamp.

I765 EAD
3/16/2007 card ordered
3/22/2007 approval notice sent
3/23/2007 EAD received

This is the fastest we have seen of any of her application move. I-130, K3 Visa took 6 mon. - 1 year.

The question is should we go get the passport stamped to get the I-485 status change or do we just wait to get the GC in the mail??? I read in this forum that I have to have GC approval notice (paper copy) before stamping??? Pl. advise.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if "Namecheck pending" is displayed as a USCIS status. As mentioned in the subject line, the officer told us at the beginning of our interview that I was still pending the NameCheck.