Interview on 3/25- Questions

rleyrl

Registered Users (C)
I have my 485 interview in SF on the 25th. I have been asked to bring my W2s, copies of corporate and my personal income taxes for the last 3 yrs and all immigration docs. But I have not been asked to bring 2 photos. Should I take them with me anyways? Can other folks who have been interviewed, please post their suggestions here? Thanks in advance.

Please post details of your interview experience

my interview is on 4/9 at SFO and I have been asked to bring all passports, all I-94's, my 3 yr W2's, corporate taxes for 2000, 2001, last four DE-6 reports, employment verfication letter, 4 paystubs

please let me know your experience

-thanks

Hi Madman,

I am very glad that you got your interview date. If I got the information correct, your case was transferred in Feb. That is pretty impressive. Have you done anything to get this interview date? Like visit the SF office in person? Or contact any officer? My case was transferred March 4th, and I am anxious to wait for my turn. Your experinece will be very helpful to me. Thanks in advance.

question for madman

How many I-94's do you have, I have only one, isn't that normally the case? What is DE-6?
Also, do you know if I should take my photos with me or not?

rleyrl

Generally speaking, you should have one I-94 in your passport given at the port of entry. You might be having more than 1 if you get your H1 extended in US. You get another I-94 along with extension. So then there will be 2. Otherwise it is only 1 stapled to your passport.

Thanks for the clarifications

I will keep you all posted on what happens at the interview...

rleyrl/madman

could u please let us know about your experience after the interview. I have an interview on the 22nd of april.

Thankx

tough situation - your thoughts please

company A filed for my GC. After 180 days, I got laid off and joined B. While employed at B, I got RFE for pay stubs etc. At that time I sent AC21 letter that lawyer drafted. Now, company C has acquired all of company B's employees ( acquisition of assets only since B has shit loads of debts etc)

Since company C is my current employer, I have to get docs from them. They are a private company and they are not even responding to my requests.

This could well mean that I am screwed since I cannot produce the required docs at the interview.

Anyone know of a good lawyer in the bay area?

thanks,
madman

SFO interview

Originally posted by technote1
Hi Madman,

I am very glad that you got your interview date. If I got the information correct, your case was transferred in Feb. That is pretty impressive. Have you done anything to get this interview date? Like visit the SF office in person? Or contact any officer? My case was transferred March 4th, and I am anxious to wait for my turn. Your experinece will be very helpful to me. Thanks in advance.

Hi:

I was pleasantly surprised to get the interview notice. Based on what I saw on this board, I wasn't expecting anything for 4-6-8 months. I never called...did nothing.

Like I said before, I rcvd RFE for paystubs, employment letter on Nov 7, responded on Dec 10, case transferred on Feb 7, interview notice on March 15, interview on April 9.

Hope things work out for you.

-madman

Don't think that you are screwed just because you don't have all the requested documents. Since you don't have all the documents so think logically why INS is asking for all these docs, you will see that INS wants to check if you are working for a company which is OK to retain you as an employee and if you will stick to that company for a while or not.
I think you can easily prove this by showing them paystubs, offer letter and company profile from web site or some other means.
It is not possible for every body to provide DE-6 so it does not mean the employee will not get GC.
Collect maximum documents what interview letter says and be confident to answer officer's questions.
Bottom line is you are legally working and having leagal status during your stay in USA.
Good luck.

DE-6 very important

DE-6 payroll journal report- "its the document showing the payroll of the company means how many people in company and how much they make"...for this i got burnt 4-1/2 months..since the IIO was very picky he wants the DE-6 for last 3 quarters..so if they've mentioned in ur intvw letter to get, pls talk to ur employer and ask them to give it in a sealed envelope as its a confidential document...
i think once u have all ur documentation..ur intvw should be a breeze...
all the best

I was not asked to bring DE-6

My interview notice does not ask for DE-6 reports. So my lawyers will probably will not ask my compaby for this...