Interview on 21st

GCsucks2003

Registered Users (C)
Interview was successful this morning at Chennai.

One quick warning - Do not go to Camera Citi for immigrant visa photos. They rejected all our photos - many people. Go ONLY to Foto India on Nungambakkam road - I'll post in detail later.

I have a question - I did not collect my passport today - will they be sending that along with the sealed packets tomorrow by courier. Please reply.

Congrats GCsucks2003...
Great Relax...

Yes.... They will send it to the address you have given.

Post your detailed experience when you get time...

GCSucks2003:

Congrats on a successful CP interview. Enjoy your stay in chennai and as always do share your interview experience.

Last but not the least, r u planning on changing your id from gcsucks2003 to luvgc 2004? Somthing to think about!:D

Congratulations!!!

GCSucks2003, Congratulations on your successful interview. Enjoy the rest of your stay in India.

congrats GCSucks2003! Enjoy your life.

Now change your sign to GCRocks2004.

It would convey more hope for inline GC seekers, through CP

Live life king size!

:)

GCSucks2003,

Even my Interview is on wednusday (Feb 18). What is the best way to schedule medicals?

Can I start and complete every thing on Monday? Or do I need to go to chennai the previous week? In that case, is it ok to goto lister labs on saturday and visit doctor on same day or monday?
(I saw in the list that lister labs and some doctors are working on saturdays too, is it correct?)

I don't want to stay more time in chennain. So, please let me know the best way.

cpzinga:

Even my Interview is on wednusday (Feb 18). What is the best way to schedule medicals?
Answer: By phone for doctor and take a reference/ confirmation number.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can I start and complete every thing on Monday?
Answer: You are cutting it too fine!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Or do I need to go to chennai the previous week? In that case, is it ok to goto lister labs on saturday and visit doctor on same day or monday? (I saw in the list that lister labs and some doctors are working on saturdays too, is it correct?)
Answer: REcommend this approach. Yes Lister is open on saturday. Relatively difficult to get doctor appointments if you wait till the last moment!

Last edited by a moderator:
starting everything on monday for wednesday interview is fine. I was done with everything on monday evening itself.

Re: liste appt.

Originally posted by prash57
I thought u dont need any appt for lister labs..
Do I need to take one ???

You are right. You don't need appointment for Lister Labs.
You just walk in. Only thing is they suggest you need to come
in before 8.30 or 9.00 to be able to collect the reports the same
day in the evening at about 4.00 PM.

To find out more details call them at: 282 78971 or 282 34429.

But you do need appointment to the doctor's office, and given
the fact that some doctors' offices are open in the evenings
you can complete both the lab work and doctor's visit the same
day.

Raju

Since my interview was also on the 21st I thought I will post my experince in this thread also. FYI, same things shows up on the "interview day questions" thread:

----------->

Sorry for the late update, I just came back to Hyderabad. My Interview was successful. Thanks to everyone for their help. I would like to specially thank kd1403 and Raju595 for many of their answers and also the last minute clarifications that started off this thread.

There was only one hiccup, all immigration style photos I took with me to the interview were told to be incorrect. I was specifically told to go to Foto India, 2 blocks away on the other side of Anna Salai on Nungambakkam road. In fact almost everyone coming for their immigrant visa interview were told the exact same thing and studio was packed for most of the morning with people seeking these photos.

I waited an extra day in Chennai and got the passport delivered to my hotel, it came in promptly at 11 am the next day.. I will be posting a more detailed note on my experience in the coming days. I’m thinking of waiting till I finish my formalities on POE. I will be glad to answer any questions in the meanwhile. Also, any suggestions for POE and plastic card process are welcome.

VA2,

Congrats for Grand Success..
Even I am in Hyderabad now. Can you give me your contact number?

Thanks

VA:

HEartiest Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the mess with the photos but at least the consulate had a stand for immigration photos so folks could do that.

Enjoy your stay in hyderabad and enjoy hyderabadi biryani on our behalf!

REturn to usa and live life king size!!