interview notice!

immiIL

Registered Users (C)
As the processing dates showing for Chicago is FEB 21,2002
Did any body get recently interview notice?
As my notice date is 12/04/2001,and i am still waiting for interview notice.

MY Details are:

RD: 11/27/2001
ND: 12/04/2001
TD: 04/23/2003
Interview: ???????????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an interview notice!

Hi All,

we both(me & my wife) got interview notice today.

Interview is on 05/13/2004

thanks

RD: 12/04/2001
ND/TD: 04/23/2003

further mess...

Got i/w notice for my wife for 5/27 about a week back,
nothing yet on mine. I'm the primary applicant.

Qs:

1. Can her case be approved with mine pending?

2. How do I figure-out what's happening with my case? Our lawyer has already sent 2 formal inquiries no word yet.

Thanks.

Nothing to Worry!

Hi akond.

As i notice from the previous forums, they can not approve dependents with out having approval of primary. You have to go along with your wife because you are the primary. It's better to prepare every thing, go there on that date and talk to the officer. If they hve your file they will do interview right away!

Thanks

Disclaimer:
I am not a lawyer. or any legal expert
Please take Lawyer advice.

Status of my case...

Hi immiIL,

I do plan to go with all the documents as suggested for my wife's i/w. However, How do I make sure that my file is infact with the Chicago office?

Reading the forum you get a sense that despite the official notice, that is not always the case. I have tried the 1-800 #, that's no good. Is there a Chicago office no. you can call? Would a trip to Chicago office be any help?

Good luck with your interviews and keep us posted.

Thanks.

interview experience!

Hi

We got the stamping on the same day ie. may 13th.

The interview was pretty smooth. It was more likely a technical interview ratherthan GC interview.

Interviewer is a Lady, Looks like a Korean. She has a Assistant too.

We reached 1hr early of the appt. time. When the appt time reaching by we were allowed to goto 23rd floor, until then we were waiting at the 2nd floor INS waiting area.

She asked about the job i do. what kind of specialized programmer you are. How many employees are in your organization.

And also asked me latest paystub, employment letter. 3yrs. tax papers.
And also there was some code on my application from Service center. In front of us they opened some documents to review what it means. Afterthat she asked me to show the graduation certicate original. Then i showed. She put stamp in my passport.

Then she asked my wife about marraige. Show me the proof that you both are married. As we took the whole wedding album, her assistant looked each and every photograph of that.

Then she asked me about the proof that you both are living together. I gave bank statement,apartment lease papers, credit card photocopies etc.

After all this she put a stamp in my wifes passport and said congrats.

I hope this will help to some of you. Incase if you have any questions please do ask me. As i went to through all this pain, I know how the pain is.
I will answer your questions best of my knowledge.

Hi Akond

I am not sure about your situation. Chicago INS trip won't loose you any thing. You can give a try.

thanks
immiil

Disclaimer:

great man ..

A question for you though, did you have any change of jobs, did you take your lawyer with you, do you know if anyone had any problems at the interview, if so what sort...
Thanks much,,

Great! Congratulation ...

Hi ImmiIL,

Congratulations! Good to know that you got stamped on the same day.

Had a couple of Qs:

1. I believe there is a numeric code below the address on the interview letter that links it to the assigned case-officer. We have 15, what was yours?

2. Did the case officer mention why your case was transferred to local office, or any indication to this effect?

3. You also mentioned "there was some code on my application from Service center". Any idea what that could be? Do you think the request for graduation certificate is tied to that? I mean, all this is already proven at the I-140 stage.

On my case, I received an appointment notice for the same date/time as my wife. I guess, INS realised their scheduling mix-up.

Thanks

Could you please tell me the dress code for the local office interview for husband and wife. could you please give me the format for the employment letter. i greatly appreciate that. thanks.

Answers to All of your questions!

babasaigal,
did you have any change of jobs -- No
did you take your lawyer with you -- No
do you know if anyone had any problems at the interview, if so what sort...
-- None

akond,

Thanks.

Here are my answers.
1. I believe there is a numeric code below the address on the interview letter that links it to the assigned case-officer. We have 15, what was yours?

Ans: I didn't notice it. Interviewer took the notices

2. Did the case officer mention why your case was transferred to local office, or any indication to this effect?

Ans: Noap, She didn't mention why it was transferred.

3. You also mentioned "there was some code on my application from Service center". Any idea what that could be? Do you think the request for graduation certificate is tied to that? I mean, all this is already proven at the I-140 stage.

Ans: I have no idea about that code. But i am sure after that only she asked about the original Graduation Certificate

On my case, I received an appointment notice for the same date/time as my wife. I guess, INS realised their scheduling mix-up.

Ans: Even if you get different appointment date /time, you can talk to the officer. They will pull up your file, if available.

Kannel,

the dress code for the local office interview for husband and wife

-- There is no dress code for interview. But we went in a formal dress

Here is the format of employment Letter:

Month Day, year

ADDRESS

RE: Name, LIN #, A#

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are pleased to introduce XX Inc. as a fast growing <<mention type of industry for ex: IT>>--- services company. <<Introduction of company>>

In response to your Adj. of interview, dated month Day, 2003, we provide the following.

In support of our previous approved petition, this is to confirm our continuing desire and intention to permanently employ-said alien as a <<Position>> per the terms and conditions of the employment petition. The proffered wage for this position is $xy,000. The terms and conditions of the employment petition continue to exist.

Mr. X is currently in our employment as a position, and has been employed with us since mm/dd/yyyy. His current base salary is $xy,000.

The duties of this position include <<from Labor filing>>

Please contact me if you have any questions further at: <<Ph. number of HR Manager>>
Sincerely,

HR Manager

thanks
immiil

Disclaimer: