Interview notice Received today (02/20/03),

along with blank medical form,

interview has been scheduled for 04/24/03,

have to redo medical,

thanks
bbad

documents

well that is good.

Can u tell , what documents or questions have been asked.

hi sillyman ,

u seems to be an active user in this and other forums , and also as frustrated as myself.

just wondering , How is ur case going is it also in LA INS for interview

tp, yea I'm frustrated.

My case hasn't been sent for transfer yet, but knowing INS's logic, anything can happen, so I am collecting as much info as i can.

Re: documents

Originally posted by tp72
well that is good.

Can u tell , what documents or questions have been asked.

thanks tp72

On an Appointment letter these are the documents they have requested..

PLEASE BRING ALL ITEMES THAT ARE CHECKED TO THE INTERVIEW

(1) THISLETTER,YOUR PASSPORT,YOUR I-94 (ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE FORM), IF ANY

(2) MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS, FORM I-693. APPEAR EVEN IF NOT COMPLETED

(3) CURRENT LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT

(4) A CURRENT LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT FOR YOU AND/OR YOUR SPOUSE SHOWING RATE OF PAY AND HOURS PER WEEK

(5) YOUR SPOUSE

(6) EVIDENCE OF A COMMON RESIDENCE AND SHARED LIFE (INCLUDE PHOTOS)

*******PLEASE REPORT TO ROOM 8540 AT THE 8TH FLOOR AND BRING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, FOR YOUR INTERVIEW.

above is the exactly items they have asked for it in an APPOINTMENT LETTER ( check marked where the numbers are). addition to that they have sent me blank I-693 and I-864 (affidavit of support)

along with the appointment check list where they have requested all general items..

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Silly Man
Cool .. finally bbad .. why do you have to redo medical?

thanks silly man, i think i have done my medical back in july-2001

seems to be expired for INS but still i am going to ask my

attorney about it.

----bbad

bbad,

Pl check if INS is asking just Medical results or they want you to do medical test again. Sometime it happen that your lawyer did not sent medical results with your application and that's why INS requested, but anyway why to take chance?

Since My wife just had interview at SFO and she did medical in March'2001and INS did not ask for medical results.
Recently they have started asking Affidavit of Support but for my wife they requested I-134 which is also Affidavit of Support, I think INS is not clear what "Affidavit of Support" to ask like in your case they requested I-864.

thanks vipsha,

I think they wants me to redo the whole test again. i am 100% sure my attorney had mailed it with i-485.

you are right why to take chance. Doctor who did the medical for me is ready to do again in just fraction of total fee.

in my case if you just look at my previous posts i have numbered all itemes that they have asked for it. infact i copied all this items from interview letter and exactly posted it the way it's written (appear)in an interview letter. even i am confused over some of their wordings..waiting for an attorney to translate..

they didn't indicate anything in an interview letter about I-864 (affidavit of support) but they have just mailed it along with I-693

thanks,
bbad

even i am confused over some of their wordings..waiting for an attorney to translate..

What are those words ? If I am not asking too much.
Lets test our "non attorny brain"

I would say fill the I-864 also since it does not take too much, just $10 to get it notarize. I am sure lawyer will say it is not required.

interview notice

What are those words ? If I am not asking too much.
Lets test our "non attorny brain"

I would say fill the I-864 also since it does not take too much, just $10 to get it notarize. I am sure lawyer will say it is not required.
----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

thanks vipsha if you look at my previous post see #2 which is

(2) MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS, FORM I-693. APPEAR EVEN IF NOT COMPLETED

****now here#2, can you axplain me last sentence" APPEAR EVEN IF NOT COMPLETED " what do they mean by that?????

AND

(4) A CURRENT LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT FOR YOU AND/OR YOUR SPOUSE SHOWING RATE OF PAY AND HOURS PER WEEK.

why do they need employment letter from my wife..LC is based on me.????????

i will take I-864 any way ..just for the safe side.

thanks,
bbad

What they mean is appear for interview even (IF) in case you are not able to get the medical results, It is there standard language. In that case they might say every thing is OK we will approve your case after reviewing your medical results. But this is not the case here since you will be having your medical results with you at the time of interview.

2nd- They just want to see if your wife is working or not since they don't know for sure. And also they will make sure your tax docs are in good shape. If you or both of you have filed the taxes properly. In your case if your wife is not working than it will be applicable for you only. INS asked the same thing for my wife too. And my wife was not working anywhere so she did not had any thing except Tax docs.

But practically your spouse income will not be deciding factor

why do they need employment letter from my wife..LC is based on me.????????
You know INS they want everything but they don't know what to do with that.