Interview Notice Received

Addie_Goodvibes

Registered Users (C)
What a way to start the weekend! I received my interview notice TODAY!
I actually saw my mail carrier walk up to my house,

She knows me and my family very well and I could tell by the look on her face that I she had something I would be happy to see, she jokingly got ready to close the mail box without putting anything in ours and then smirked at me handing me a stack of mail with the USCIS Notice on top.

Interview 9/27/2006

Whew ! Now I can relax for a few months!

Congrats!

I have to ask, though, as it looks like a lot of people are getting their interviews within 3-4 months, but do those Processing Dates actually mean anything? I look up Los Angeles and it says they're now processing cases before Feb 1 :confused:

Addie_Goodvibes said:

She knows me and my family very well and I could tell by the look on her face that I she had something I would be happy to see, she jokingly got ready to close the mail box without putting anything in ours and then smirked at me handing me a stack of mail with the USCIS Notice on top.

Interview 9/27/2006

WOW, That is really a good news. Congratulations.

Is your case # starting with MSC? I still couldn't check online status yet. Well, if we can get interview letter before the case show up online, I won't complain though.

Addie ! What a nice shocker :)

You are such good support for everybody here and such a valuable part of this community - congratulations and enjoy your ability to "breathe again" ! You can now spend the rest of the summer NOT sweating.. sort of :p

Addie_Goodvibes said:

Interview 9/27/2006

congrats Addie on the interview letter. Do you have any LUD after FP ? Though I have received interview appintment for 09/06, I don't have LUD after FP. Don't know whether this is good or bad..

Addie_Goodvibes said:

Interview 9/27/2006

Hey there, I also go my Interview letter yesterday. I recently moved to another state and did change of address but still the database shows that i am still living up north :)
Anyways, NO EAD and SSN yet, so i have no Bills on my name, EXCEPT INTERNET (NO SSN REQUIRED) so i am also suprised. I just got approved for I-765 on July 28, and got Interview letter. Twisting or what?!?!

Thank you all for your replies,
My Receipt numbers were generated from Missouri Service center ( MSC)

As far as I am concerned and based on experience from most people here,
The LUD online status is useless,

I have not had very many updates at all, but as long as interview tice came and NO RFE's I can't complain.

Workhomes, I wouldn't sweat the LUD as you have your interview notice, now it all comes down to that!

JustCounting said:
You are such good support for everybody here and such a valuable part of this community - congratulations and enjoy your ability to "breathe again" ! You can now spend the rest of the summer NOT sweating.. sort of

Thanks for the kind words I have really learned a great deal on here and I researched the process & options for more than a year before filing , so far our process has gone smooth, thanks mostly to the others on this forum, it only nurtures this resourceful environment if everyone reaches out and shares their experience and Knowledge.

someitguy said:
Sounds like a walk down to the beach is in order
You said it! My wife, daughter & I actually just got back from a moon light stroll,

Good luck everyone and don't hesitate to ask any question on this forum, no question is silly or dumb or out of line,

Warmly,
Addie

Conrats Addie...the interview is a cake walk for you..esp with the proof/ documents that you have. All the best.
Waiting to read your interview experience 'behind the iron door' :D

cdnchris said:
Congrats!

I have to ask, though, as it looks like a lot of people are getting their interviews within 3-4 months, but do those Processing Dates actually mean anything? I look up Los Angeles and it says they're now processing cases before Feb 1 :confused:

Wondering the same thing myself.
The CSC is processing I130s from Feb 2. :confused: Oh well this way we all get a nice unexpected surprise. I am about a month behind Addie, so I will pencil in last week of October as interview day...

eddie_d said:
The CSC is processing I130s from Feb 2. :confused: Oh well this way we all get a nice unexpected surprise. I am about a month behind Addie, so I will pencil in last week of October as interview day...

I think the average everywhere is around Feb, yet you see all these people who sent in their stuff around May or June and they already have their interview notices, so I don't really understand their system. But hey, I won't complain, unless the same thing doesn't happen to me of course. :)

eddie_d said:

CIS just put an artificial date so that no one can bug them. Otherwise, they will have to hire too many FTE just to answer your complaints. :) I think they are just playing a mental game with us. Now, everyone got interview in 4 months, everyone happy.

How do you know CSC is processing your case, is it purely based on where you live? I am just confused why we got the notice from MSC instead of CSC even though we are in CA.

horiba said:
CIS just put an artificial date so that no one can bug them. Otherwise, they will have to hire too many FTE just to answer your complaints. :) I think they are just playing a mental game with us. Now, everyone got interview in 4 months, everyone happy.

How do you know CSC is processing your case, is it purely based on where you live? I am just confused why we got the notice from MSC instead of CSC even though we are in CA.

Well, everyone's happy but perplexed. You got an MSC number because everything that goes to Chicago first goes to Missouri, then goes to wherever else. That is what I remember reading before and I think I also read that California does most 130s now, even for people who don'tlive in its jurisidction. Of course this being the government, who the hell knows what goes on.

Congratulations Addie!

I guess our time will come up soon, probably next week or so.
Good to know USCIS put its things together....just in time.

Great News Addie!

We have our interview this Wednesday the 9th. I will be posting a review on our experience in LA.
Whilst its encouraging to hear they are scheduling interviews much faster, I hope the name check process speeds up too. I have resigned myself to accept that even if the interview goes well, it could be much longer till I get the green card.