Interview Notice from Baltimore in 2 weeks before FP Done

WaitingWasFun

Registered Users (C)
Interview Notice from Baltimore even before I got my FP Done. Yes, today I received an interview Notice for me and my wife from Baltimore. About 3 weeks back I received FP Notice from VSC asking me to go for FP to Baltimire on March 6th. Week after that I receive anohter Notice from VSC saying my case has been transfered to local Baltimore INS. Two weeks later I get a letter from Baltimore asking me and my wife to appear for an interview for my I-485 Immigration Petition on March 22nd. Strangely, they didn\'t ask me to come with documents to show proff of my job or anything like that. They are only interested in proof that me and my wife are really married. They asked us to come with orginals and copies of our Marriage certificate, Photos of wedding, joint bank accounts proof from the time of marriage till now, Names on company health and Life Insurance plans showing the name of emergency contacts and so on. Also, of mortgage papers and so on where in they want to see both our names together on some important documents. ALso, if we have son his BirthCertificate.

This looks like a weird RFE to me. They asked us to come on the same day but different timings. One at 7:45 am and the other at 3pm. I was wondering if we both can go together at 7:45 as they asked for the same documents. Also, I never heard of such an RFE before. I was wondering if this will be the final process in my case before they approve my I-485 and how long it will take after the interview. I\'ve seen articles here where in they got approved 2-weeks after the interview date and are called for stamping.

The speed at which I got all my final notices took me by surprise as I wasn\'t even expecting an interview till late July after my FP. I thinking VSC is finally working on catching up with other Service Centers. Good Luck to you all at Baltimore.

No Title

I guess you should also post your details along with your lengthy letter. I think most of the people once get some exciting news start asking for more questions before giving their details like PD,ND, RD,FP etc.

No Title

WaitingIsFun - Could you post the date on which your case was transferred to Baltimore.
Thanks

No Title

Sorry I missed the details in this lengthy description.

Interview is at Baltomore. My case info:
PD:08/96 with previous company
Got I-140 approve on the old company and changed the job.
Applied for new labor with the new company
New I-140 was filed for this company asking to transfer my old priority date and it went through.
EB3, India
RD: 10/17/99
ND: 10/22/99
FP: 03/06/01
Received FP Notice to lawyer around 1st week of Feb. 01.
Case transferred to local Baltimore INS around end of 2nd week( I\'ll post the exact dates later) of Feb. 01
Interview Date(or RFE): Received in mail on 03/01/2001. Interview date is 03/22/01.

Strange that they asked me to get all canceled checks during the period on my marriage. Which means I have to go with checks banks return every month for the last 7 years. I only have for the last one year. Can someone tell me if that will be a problem?

Thank you.

No Title

Probably they want to make sure that both of you give the same answers to the questions they ask ... I cant think of any other reason to ask both of you to come at different times.

No Title

The attached sheet with the interview notice is mainly for Family based cases. In my case they only asked for employment letter. In many cases they will stamp the passport right after the interview. Usually there will be 30 minute time gap for husband and wife in the notices, but they do the interview together. You can give it a try and see if they call you both at the same time. If you have a local lawyer, it would help to take him along. Hope this helps. Good luck on your interview.

No Title

This is really exciting news after seeing your details. You are sure going in the rocket speed, and hope we hear many cases like yours.
Wish you all the best and good luck with your interview. Try taking your attorney to the INS office, if you have any doubts in your mind about your case during the stamping.