Interview Letter

tarabab

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I never got my interview letter as per norm, probably lost in mail. Earlier this month I called USCIS and was able to talk to IO, since my case was no longer on-line.
He informed me about my interview date and that if i did not get my IL I should immediately have Infopass and get copy from local USCIS office as without it I will not be allowed in for interview.

I made INfopass appointment and went today. The cust service lady (an old afro american lady) called me and asked reason for my visit. I told her and she very rudely told me that its not our concern and they cannot do anything as my info was not appearing online. I informed her that I already talked to IO and he advice me to go and take copy of letter I don't recd letter by mail. The CRS lady again said "its not our headache if you did not recd a letter". I asked he who is then responsible if I did not get my letter and miss my interview. She said "go talk to US Post office and don't waste her time" these her are excat words. I go upset and said I want to talk to your supervisor. She said no one is available. I insisted that i have a appointment and this is regular business hour and I will wait but cannot leave until I talk to her supervisor. She told me to take a seat and left for few mins and came back and she took her seat. After 1 hours a gentelman came out and was very politely asked me the reason and I informed him about my conversation with IO on phone, he took my A # and after 5 mins came out with a copy of letter for my interview.
I was happy and upset same time due to that lady's attitude. I did not complain to her supervisor, but before leaving I said sorry to the supervisor to take his time, to which he said "Sir its your right to come here and enquire and had I miss my interview date, it would have taken few more months to reschedule"

I just wanted to share this info with people on this board.

Good persistence on your part. Too bad you didn't tell supervisor about the IO's attitude as interview reprints can be easily done on the spot.

Wow. Good thing you got your letter, but I would of complained. Someone less persistent might be sent home for no reason.
(well, I would of complained AFTER getting the copy of the letter :) )

Yeah, some of those agents working there are downright rude. Same thing here in USCIS in Chicago. I went three times for my GC, and twice I was welcomed and they took care of my business no questions asked. Once though, and this was also an African-American lady (just a conicidence, I'm sure), I had a very rude agents handle my request. No information was given, other than "wait." At that point, my case had been pending for 3 years and I said that that isn't a good enough answer anymore. She just shrugged off my remark and started doing something else. I didn't move from the window until her supervisor came who took my case number and researched it. Told me to write a letter to USCIS demanding that my case be sped up and... lo and behold, 2 weeks letter I receive my green card.

Some people are just damn stupid sometimes. I'm glad you persisted and got your side of the story heard.

Tarabab, Thanks for sharing your experience. I think you should write a letter and complain her supervisor. i think it is your duty to do that. In this country, everyday, so many people are being treated unfairly and unprofessionally by so many customer service reps from phone company to restaurants to govt agencies. If we don't stand up and speak up, they will never realize and understand what they are doing is wrong. They will keep doing same to people in future. Please do a favor to those people. Where USCIS now is the result of so many complains that resulted in adjustments and improvements. You have no reasons to be afraid. They might even appreciate your comment.

well done.
I also think you should write and complain; she may not trouble you anymore, but think of 100's of other applicants who may suffer at her attitude. I really think you'd be doing them and the image of the USCIS a great favor by formally filing a complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of all reps at my DO..there is one Gorrilla-like black woman who is rude beyond anything imaginable. I am sure that fact that she is black is pure coincidence.!..Yeah right.

Thanks for your supports guys, I am going to complain about it. It is true lot if I had not stood my ground, I would have never gotten the letter and miss interview date, which is a very serious matter. I am thinking about ppl who cannot speak proper English/Spanish what whould they do if they meet such stupid CSR ppl.

I am writing letter and also planning to complain on my interview date

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your supports guys, I am going to complain about it. It is true lot if I had not stood my ground, I would have never gotten the letter and miss interview date, which is a very serious matter. I am thinking about ppl who cannot speak proper English/Spanish what whould they do if they meet such stupid CSR ppl.

I am writing letter and also planning to complain on my interview date

thanks

taraba are you in North Carolina?