interview letter recieved today

Need advice

Hi folks,

I-130 was filled out on April 2001, my wife became a US citizen on August 2004, I-130 application was transfered from Vermont to Newark NJ, on September 2004. I did not receive any notice. I took an appointment, and went there with my wife on November 2005, the officer told us , as August 2005, you will be scheduled for a Wednesday interview, since than, nothing is new. I have another pending case (asylum), the judge is waiting for I-130 to be approved.

PLEASE ADVICE ME, WHAT I SHOULD DO? HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR AN INTERVIEW.

THANK YOU...

Hi guys,
I have my interview on Feb 2nd in Hartford. Plz share your experience. What questions they ask?
GOOD LUCK to everyone!

Arm25

HI GUYS,

Please note my timelines. my DO is Hartford, CT too. I am above 21 un-married son of a US Citizen.

I-485 RD Sep 15 2005
I-485 ND SEP 20 2005
E-EAD Filed Oct 3 2005
EAD FP OCT 15 2005
I-485 FP NOV 25 2005
EAD App. DEC 28 2005

Still waiting for interview call. A person applied at same date with me already got interview call for Feb. 2006.

hello everybody out there.i finally got my interview and my stamp.and i,m expecting the plastic card,my interviewer was so nice and decent.and we were in and out of his office under 20mins.the first thing was he made us swear, then he ask for my EAD, ID,& PASSPORT.then the regular questions have u ever been arrested before and blah,blah, blah,no.no.no.then he ask for our lease.and he ask us do we have something else with both names on?? we gave him the whole folder.and he took life insurance,car insurance,car title& registration.joint account statement, we ask him what about our wedding pictures, he said we got enough evidence. that,s ok.and he ask for my birth certificate and made copies of all the documents he took out. stamp my passport and said i,m gonna order u a card.but u got to file and take off the condition on it after 21 months,

yahayajp said:
hello everybody out there.i finally got my interview and my stamp.and i,m expecting the plastic card,my interviewer was so nice and decent.and we were in and out of his office under 20mins.the first thing was he made us swear, then he ask for my EAD, ID,& PASSPORT.then the regular questions have u ever been arrested before and blah,blah, blah,no.no.no.then he ask for our lease.and he ask us do we have something else with both names on?? we gave him the whole folder.and he took life insurance,car insurance,car title& registration.joint account statement, we ask him what about our wedding pictures, he said we got enough evidence. that,s ok.and he ask for my birth certificate and made copies of all the documents he took out. stamp my passport and said i,m gonna order u a card.but u got to file and take off the condition on it after 21 months,
oh, i fogot he took 2004 tax return transcript,pay stub and job letter

Address

HI guys,

I have a different address on my driving License. I moved last year, but did not change the address in driving License. You think i will be in trouble at interview time for having my driver's License showing a different Address.

arm25 said:
HI guys,

I have a different address on my driving License. I moved last year, but did not change the address in driving License. You think i will be in trouble at interview time for having my driver's License showing a different Address.

One of the things they check during the interview is if your driver’s licenses show same address. If you have bunch of other proof of address and a good reason why you didn’t change your driver’s license yet, then you won’t necessarily get in trouble.
But it would be better if you change it now, if you can. You still have plenty of time before the interview.
Plus - do not forget that under the law you are required to change the address on your DL within 10 days of your move.
Good luck!

My wife is a USC and she applied for me. When we moved, I changed my address but somehow forgot to update hers. She never reminded me either. We noticed a week before the interview that the address is not right. Well, instead of applying, we just took the ID with the wrong address and told the officer that we forgot to change it. She laughed at us and said that alright. She can confirm the address on the bank and tax statements.

Now, thats my story. I am not suggesting that you do the same but if there is no other option left, you can be honest during the interview and apologize to the officer for not changing it.

lili2005 said:
I also recently got an interview notice for Hartford for February 9th. Seems like they are finally moving. Its odd though that on the website they are still supposedly processing cases with August 2004 dates.

My timeline:
May 10th - AOS package sent via FedEx (130, 485, 131, 765) to NBC
May 11th - AOS package received at NBC
June 6th - Checks cashed
June 6th - NOAs dated (all four)
June 10th - Notices received
July 19th - Completed FP and Biometric appointment
Nov 15th - Notice for Interview

good luck for ur up coming interview,my prayers is with u

Thanks!

Thanks for your wishes yahayajp! I am really excited that the time is almost here. And a little nervous too but I think that is just because this is such a big deal! Quick question for you - I think I read somewhere that they do not allow cellphones inside the DO? Is that correct? But they do allow handbags right? Just want to make sure we don't waste time running back to the car to drop off our phones if that is the case.

actually i got my cell phone with me and there was no question about it, and i saw alot of people holding there,s too, but i,m not sure if they will really care about it.hey to be on a safe side leave it in the car.is better than runing back and forth, late and stuff like that,i head a dude was late for only 20 min. due to the security check.they told him his appointment will be rescheduled.good luck

Tomorrow Interview

Friends,
I am going for interview to Hartford on Wednesday, March 08. Please update me if any one has any suggestion or any recent experience at hartford DO.
Thanks

Passport Stamped with I551

Friends,

my interview went very smooth. and officer stamped my passport. does any one knows how long will it take to receive welcome package and green card.??. I tried to find my online status and USCIS can't locate my 485 Receipt any more.

Thanks for every one in this forum.

Hey great! and your difference of address didn't make any problem?
Well many people watched that after got approved they can't find their I-485 at the online status and later on appear the updated message.
Good luck,

Welcome Letter Received march 13

In CT, DMV does not print a new Driving License, if you change address, All you need is put a sticker on back of your drivers license. But i did actually change my address online and then put the new address sticker on back of driver's license before interview.
I got my Welcome Letter Yesterday, So hoping Plastic is on its way.