Interview letter received

sept485_du

Registered Users (C)
On 12/04/02 Our case was transfered to local for interview per on-line check. Last Saturday we got the interview letter from Newwark local office. There were an appointment letter with two medical exam forms. It looks that we have to redo the medical exam and bring some documents. Here is the reqirement listed in the letter:

THIS LETTER, all passports in your possession, Form I-94(ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE
RECORD). Report of medical examination. Affidavit of support(if not already
submitted). ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WHICH SUPPORT THE PETITION/APPLICATION,
INCLUDING: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death certificates. All foreign
documents must be accompanied by certified English translations.

Very appreciate to the feedback of your experience

when is interview

WHen is your interview friend ?????

All the best for interview!!!!!!!!

The interview is scheduled on Jan 2,03

Here are my some information

RD 9/17/01
ND 11/28/01
FD 1/25/02
TD 12/04/02

Hi sept485_du,

It's incredible how fast they made the appointment of your interview, somepeople was talking about months after being transfer. That's nice, I think you will get the green card soon.

My case was transfer to a local office the same date than yours but only by online message because I have not received anything. I would like to ask you a few questions.
-Did you received any letter from VSC informing you of the situation before the letter fron Newark office?

-Which area from NJ are you?, do you know if everybody from NJ is transfer to Newark?.

-Do you know if the old medical exam results are ok or we have to do new ones?.

-Who received the notice from the Newark office you or your layer?.

-They give you an exact date of the interview or you can somehow postpone?.

Thank you very much,

Malda

Hi! Malda

Answers to your question

1. No. I got the news that my case was transfered to local only on online check. AVM has not updated yet. It still play old message: Fingure print was received on......... .
2. I am in south NJ. I saw some people were transfered per this web site.
3. I don't know if we can use the old medical exam or not. But my lawyer recoment to redo it.
4. Both my lawyer and i got the letter.
5. They give the exact date and time. But there is a place you can fill in in case you can not present at that paticular date and time.

Hope this will help.

Thank you very much for your information sept485_du!!
It's very helpful to me.

New medical exam.... do you know what it really means?, vaccination again??? and all the test also and so on?. Please let me know if you get further information.
Your layer will go with you to the interview?.

Thanks again sept485_du and good luck!!
Malda

sept485_du

Hi sept485_du ,

Good luck to you in your interview and hope that your frustrating wait comes to an end!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, are you taking an attorney with you?

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi sept485_du,
How was the interview?. Mine has been scheduled for Jan 9 in Newark.
Please let me know how was the interview. Did you go by yourself or with the layer?. What did they ask for?.
Thanks,
Malda

Hi Malda!!!

You had said that your case was transferred to the local office in Newark , NJ on 12/04/2002.

Could you please give me a few details.

1. On what date did you receive your interview letter from the Local INS office in Newark , NJ. Did you get any prior notification from Vermont saying that your case is transferred?

2. What documents have they asked you to bring?

3. Did you get any RFE before your case being transferred to Local office?

Because one of my friend is also waiting for a letter from the Newark Office. His case was transferred on 12/11/02 from Vermont Service Center.

Your help is appreciated.

Good luck for your interview!!!!!

Thanks.

Interview done but no pp stamp

Hi! Guys

My interview was done 1/2/03. The IIO in the interview said there were no problem in our case. But due to the security checking our passport can't be stampped right after the interview as it did before. She even don't know when the security check will be done. We were told that when the security check is cleared for our case we will get a letter for pp stamp.
My case was transfered on 12/4/02. Got the interview letter on 12/14/02. We bring all the original files for the i-485 file. These files were all checked during interview. The files are :
1. W2 for last 2-3 years.
2. 1040 for last 2-3 years.
3. company letter.
4. paytubs for six month.
5. marriage certificate.
6. son's birth certificate.
7. other related files.

My sugession is you had better bring all original documents you can think of useful for you.

we did the interview ourselves.

Hope these will help.

Thanks compaqdb.

GC_JULY_2001,

1. The letter from Newark was sended on 12/18/02. No prior notification from Vermont was received, I only saw the information online.

2. The documents are:
THIS LETTER, all passports in your possession, Form I-94(ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE
RECORD). Report of medical examination. Affidavit of support(if not already
submitted). ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WHICH SUPPORT THE PETITION/APPLICATION,
INCLUDING: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death certificates. All foreign
documents must be accompanied by certified English translations.

3. No RFE before my case was transferred to Local office

I hope this help.
Malda

Good Luck to you Malda!

Hi Malda,

Thank You very much for your input.

Good luck to you in your interview.

Are you taking your attorney with you?
BTW, did you change your employer?

Thanks,

Thank you GC_JULY_2001,

I didn't change employer. I'm not taking my layer, I don't know if this is a mistake, I hope he will be not necessary but who knows...
Do you know somebody who really needed a layer present?.
Thanks,
Malda