Interview Letter; quick question

asdrubal22

Registered Users (C)
Quick question:

Is it usual to receive any email stating that they sent the interview letter? Or they dont update that online at all?

I'm just trying to figure what should i expect now. ;)

Thanks in advance.

I received the interview letter just about a week back but there had been no email from USCIS... what's more, even the LUD didn't change. Since the day I registered online at USCIS for tracking status... I'd been getting all the updates timely, so I wonder if they at all notify you through email or there is an LUD. There have been quite a few of us here on this forum that have recently received the interview letter... don't think I read anyone mention about getting an email or LUD.

I guess you should just expect the interivew letter in the email :cool: and reading from your earlier post that you have similar timeline as ShahPr (who has already received the Interview Notice) and that you have the same DO, I don't think it would be long before you get a call yourself. Good Luck.

a_usc said:
I received the interview letter just about a week back but there had been no email from USCIS... what's more, even the LUD didn't change. Since the day I registered online at USCIS for tracking status... I'd been getting all the updates timely, so I wonder if they at all notify you through email or there is an LUD. There have been quite a few of us here on this forum that have recently received the interview letter... don't think I read anyone mention about getting an email or LUD.

I guess you should just expect the interivew letter in the email :cool: and reading from your earlier post that you have similar timeline as ShahPr (who has already received the Interview Notice) and that you have the same DO, I don't think it would be long before you get a call yourself. Good Luck.

Thats all i needed to know, thank you very much! :) I'm anxiously waiting for it!

It is kinda bad if they don't update the website. :( Cos, if the letter gets lost in the mail, we may never know we have an interview coming up, right?

Anyways, I am still waiting for my interview. I think my RFE is pushing my timelines behind, although I noticed some people with RFE's and already have the interview letter in hand.

Still waiting..... :D

eadhelp said:
It is kinda bad if they don't update the website. :( Cos, if the letter gets lost in the mail, we may never know we have an interview coming up, right?

Anyways, I am still waiting for my interview. I think my RFE is pushing my timelines behind, although I noticed some people with RFE's and already have the interview letter in hand.

Still waiting..... :D

I couldn't agree more. I mean they update the website with different statuses... but nada when it comes to one of the most important step - AOS Interview. I have read posts from people in the past who never received their interview letter and then were later denied because USCIS claimed that neither did the applicant show up for the interview nor did she/he notify USCIS about the inability to appear for the interview. Such cases would never happen if there were emails sent regarding the interview call.

~BEGIN RANT~
USCIS has a long way to go when it comes to posting online updates, but I guess they think that the time/money will be better spent processing the application rather than keeping their online system updated. Obviously the applicant's can't do much but to put up with whatever USCIS has to offer - cuz - as some have reiterated on this forum - immigration is not a right - its a privilege :rolleyes:
~END RANT~
:D

My LUD changed twice on my I-485, once, I suspect due to them inputting the RFE information they receieved from me. The second was them sending out my interview letter. I didn't recieve an email from the USCIS, and online it never reflected that they had sent out an interview letter. All the more reason why I exploded in shouts of joy when it arrived (hey, im only human) =o)

I did not get any e-mail or change in my online status too :confused: it's funning that they sent me an email for my REF even before I got the letter in the mail

But thank God that I have got the interview letter in the mail

justnew said:
I did not get any e-mail or change in my online status too :confused: it's funning that they sent me an email for my REF even before I got the letter in the mail

But thank God that I have got the interview letter in the mail

whats your DO?

Hi asdrubal22,

That is good to know that you actually received an email (which means ur online status was updated). For me, yes as a_usc mentioned i did get my interview letter but guess what - neither has my I-485 online status or my I-130 status ever changed since they were first put up - The same 90-180 days for processing (for I-485) even though have already got my interview letter. Also from what I have read in the posts in this forum the online system is pretty unreliable - sometimes they are up-to-date and sometimes they just are not (as in my case).

In your case - its infact good that u see that email / update - it just means that ur interview letter is definitely coming - so u know what to expect in ur post box unlike me - when one day I opened it and was thinking it was probably I-130 approved (since that also hasnt been changed ever since online) and to my surprise - it was the actual interview letter.

By the way - I know that a_usc mentioned that your DO was same as mine - Newark. I didnt see that from ur signature. Is he right?

ShahPr,

From what I understand, Asdrubal hasn't received any email regarding the interview letter nor has his LUD changed for I-485. He is just wondering if USCIS notifies the interview date through email too. I agree that their online updates/emails aren't reliable - they work for some and not at all for others, yet, I don't think they send email notification for AOS interview... at least not as yet.

As for Asdrubal's DO, I read it in another post of his -> this one.

Hi my interview is on the 15-06-2006 .Best of luck to both of us i think it will be an easy process.We just need to feel human and to not be treated any lesser than we are as human beings by USCIS.My Do is Louisville Ky.What have you gotten together so far.I dont have very many pics of my husband and i and since we eloped and almost no one knows we eloped its kind of hard to have pics with friends and family.

I haven't received the letter nor email! :D

Just updated my Signature, yes, my DO is Newark. ;)

I guess my RFE is pushing it too hard :(

Last edited by a moderator:
shahpr787 said:
By the way - I know that a_usc mentioned that your DO was same as mine - Newark. I didnt see that from ur signature. Is he right?
Sorry, I know it has nothing to do with the thread, but: a_usc is a girl. :D
Just wanted to mention that casually... I remember that at first, I thought she was a guy, too, because of the name. But she keeps mentioning her hubby, so... yeah. :D

a_usc said:
lol.... thanks Patty... :D but what about my id made you think that I was a guy? :-/
Well I guess we still live in a man's world! You know in German, most nouns have suffixes or something that indicate if someone or something is male or female. In English there is nothing like that. E.g., if you say that you went to the doctor, almost everybody first thinks of a male doctor. And when you say you are a USC, I first think of a male USC!! I know it's stupid, but that's how it works!
But of course, we should have known, because you are also a very thoughtful and compassionate person, which leaves no doubt of you being female. :D :D