Interview Letter Question

greenerdreams

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
My case has been transferred to a local BCIS office on the 20th of Feb. My question is:

Will the interview scheduling letter get mailed to me or my lawyer?

The reason I ask this, is because I might be accepting another offer that I have and so if my ex company's lawyer were to get this letter, they may play dirty and nor forward that to me.

Also, if I change employment, do I need to do anything as far as filing forms / informing INS is concerned.

Please take the time to respond as I am really concerned.

Thanks in advance,

Usually the interview letter copy is sent to you, as well as to the Lawyer. Atleast that is what happened in my case. Hope this info helps..

All the best

Everyone has to make sure, everybody is talking about the same thing here. The person who replied the original messega looks like he/she received a letter for RFE which is diffrenet from an interview letter after a transfer.

My lawyer thinks they will receive the interview letter and not me.

Hi...

Hi greenerdreams,

I am answering your questions below.

My case has been transferred to a local BCIS office on the 20th of Feb. My question is:

Will the interview scheduling letter get mailed to me or my lawyer?

-- The initial letter from Vermont Service Center stating that your case has been transferred will go ONLY to your attorney. But that is not realy important.

The local BCIS Office will send a letter to you and your attorney once the interview is scheduled.

The reason I ask this, is because I might be accepting another offer that I have and so if my ex company's lawyer were to get this letter, they may play dirty and nor forward that to me.

Also, if I change employment, do I need to do anything as far as filing forms / informing INS is concerned.

-- No need to inform INS. At the time of interview, carry your latest employment letter and last three months paystubs to prove that you are employed.

Please take the time to respond as I am really concerned.

GC_JULY_2001

Thanks GC_JULY_2001.
Are you saying this out of experience i.e. how sure are you of this. I'm sorry for being like this, but I am really close to leaving my current employer and am really worried.
Thanks,
A

GreenDreams,

In My case I got the Transfer notice from NSC saying that my case was transferred to boston. Got the letter for myself and for spouse. A copy of the letter was sent to the lawyer also. One month later Boston sent me the interview letters with interview scheduled six months later in august. In this case a CC: was went to my lawyer. Both cases, I got the original letter from NSC and from Boston and the copy also went to my lawyer.

Regards,

toughdba

toughdba,

your interview is after 6 months!!!!:mad:

Something is surely wrong with these INS people, they all ought to be fired sincerely.

Your patience level will get too high I think. Good luck.

thanks

for sharing your information guys. Toughdba, seriously, 6 months to schedule is a bit difficult to digest. I don't know how you reacted when you saw that. But then if you have your EAD and AP, and if you know you are being intervied on x date, it really makes it a little less painful, except if you were palnning a move etc.
Anyway, I think I will go ahead with the new job opportunity I am pursuing and will leave the rest to almighty.

Thanks guys,
A

I got the transfer letter for myself and my hsuband in the mail. My lawyer as per my knowledge didnot recieve anything. if orwarded a copy of the letter to my lawyer.
As per interview scheduling GC07212001 can you tell us when you got your intervew scheduling letter and how long do you have to wait for the interview?
I see your RD is July 2001 and you yet ahven't been itnerviewed.