• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview Invitation Letter

COO

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I called KCCDV and I was asked to call back sometime this month for my interview date. If I get my interview date on phone, is there a possibility that I can download all other necessary forms required to be filled for the interview from the web and then proceed to the interview or do I necessarily have to wait for the letter?

If the answer to the first question is affirmative, where then can I download these forms?

Regards,
COO.

you don't need to bring/file any other forms at the interview. You do have to have a medical exam -- and the forms for that are already available at the doctor's office. The doctor will fill them out - and you will bring the big sealed envelope to the interview.

You will also need other things at the interview -- the originals, copies and translations of all the required documents. But no additional forms. If you don't receive the invitation letter - don't panic, you don't need it. Just bring your ID and the first letter - you are already on the consulate list.

DV2005EU13xxx
If Europe's cut off number is going to be over 14,000 in December 2004, should I mail my documents to file AOS in the local service center? Or should I wait for KCC to contact me for interview first and then bring all the AOS documents to the interview?
Thank you.

KCC will not contact you for an interview. You need to file your AOS package at the local office when your case number becomes current.

Thanks again LucyMO.

Now after my passport has been stamped with the I-551 stamp, and the plastic one is being processed, must I remain in the U. S. A. to get the plastic green card or can I travel out of the U. S. A. and come back within the one year eligibility of the I-551 stamp?

Regards,
COO.

LucyMO said:
you don't need to bring/file any other forms at the interview. You do have to have a medical exam -- and the forms for that are already available at the doctor's office. The doctor will fill them out - and you will bring the big sealed envelope to the interview.
QUOTE]

Hi LucyMO

The KCC forgot to send me (with my wining letter) the documents entitled "Visa Instructions for Diversity Immigrant Visa Applicants".
I don't know how to find it, but is it said we have to have a medical exam?
Tks a lot :eek: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
that's exactly the info I got. There was a lot of speculation (especially among some of the lawyers, who scared half the people), but now it's back to normal - everybody gets a stamp and continues to travel with it.

Although, I also read somewhere that once you get a plastic card, you cannot use your I-551 stamp to re-enter. But who knows...

here is a link to the lawyers' discussion

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260247