Interview in St Louis local office

Went for interview today

Hi friends

I went the interview today
Interview office called me and my wife same time
and he took our index finger for FP then went his office
first we( me and my wife) took oath and then he asked my name ,birthdate,r u still in the same company, what city i live in back home
and he took our I-94 from passport and said he is waiting for Visa number ( am not sure what that means) and then he will approve my case,he mentioned i should able to receive my approval notice and with in 60 to 90 days i hould my green card

came out and am waiting for approval notice, hope i don;t need to do any thing

raj

Thanks WaitinginQ. I hope so. :confused:

WaitinginQ said:
No. The local offices are very prompt as compared to national offices. I think once you submit the vaccination you will get the approval letter in a week or two.

I had a similiar case. My son's medical form was missing. I went back to the doctor on the same day that is Oct 27th, got a new form and personally went back to INS office and submitted it along with the RFE letter. My case was approved after 2 days and got the letter in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, there is no way to track your case in a local office. You just have to wait for that letter in the mail.

Good luck and congratulations in advance.

I felt I was the only one in st. louis so I hang around in NY forum for help. I had my interview on January 07, 2005. I was told that the name check is pending. DO not count on it, they will get you one way or the other. There will be something they will find to block your approval. This is going to go no where unless oyu are family based and they have no way to deny you. Employement based is discouraged and delayed with the hope that the person will loose job soon and would have to go back and will never be able to claim social sec and thus recover some social sec., deficit... :(

Hi Johar,

This for your reply at NY forum ,

Mine is a Future employment case and I had my FP on 10/26 . I processed my GC using a substitute Labour with my previous employer A and i am currently working with Employer B in st.louis.
On December 14, 2004, transferred the I485 Application to Adjust Status to our office in ST LOUIS, MO and my Interview is scheduled for Feb 16th.

Is your case Future Employment.. ?

How was you interview....?

givme_gc said:
Hi Johar,

Mine is a Future employment case and I had my FP on 10/26 . I processed my GC using a substitute Labour with my previous employer A and i am currently working with Employer B in st.louis.
On December 14, 2004, transferred the I485 Application to Adjust Status to our office in ST LOUIS, MO and my Interview is scheduled for Feb 16th.

How did your interview go. I hope everything worked out for you. Please post your details...

Appproved !

After this 4 year long wait my case was approved and I got stamping today. :) .This was great forum and I felt more like an family here.
you guys were great in helping each other.!!!.
Thanks for all of you , and thanks of Rajeev for keeping this forum.
for all the people waiting . your turn will come and keep up your sprits.
there is light at the end of the tunnel

some of my experiance:
I think it is good Idea to have a attorney who himself is an immigrant ( like Rajeev or sheela Murthy). sorry if I sound biased, but in my experiance this people can understand our difficulty than the local attorneys.

I did not know that we have to get infopass for each of the family mebers , so keep tis in mind when going to FP, EAD or Stamping.

Good luck to all .I will keep visiting this Forum

EB3 PD 9/2002
I-140/I-485 RD ; OCT 2002
I-140 AD DEC 2002
2 FP
3 EAD
3 AP
Transfer to local office : Nov 2004
INTERVIEW LETTER : DEC 2004
ID : JAN/20/2005
rfe for an vacination certificate ( doctor checked the wrong box)
Reply submited : FEB/1/2005
AD: FEB/12/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved..

Hello All,
I got my approval today after interview at St,Louis office. Everything went well and smooth.
My Interview was at 10.30 am. Reached there at 10.10 am. Waited outside with our mind :confused: & :rolleyes: , ...Officer called us at 10.40 am.
She had mine and my spouse's files together.

Had our index finger printed...went into the room and then had the usual formalities of Taking oath and other standar questions about drugs, felony etc,,,
Date of birth,When were you both married, Parents name, Where do they live..

Then she asked the following ...
1.Your 485 was filed by Comapny A?
2. Where are they located?
3. When did you join Comapny A?
4. Are still working with Company B?
- Gave her EVL and last years W2.
6. When did you join comapny B?
7. What is your position there ?
- Sr. Programmer Analyst and I we do Software Development & Maintainence
8. She asked for EAD & AP...and took it.

She told thisngs are fine..let me see if i can get you the Visa Number...and she got it..and gave us our approval letter and stamped the passport and told us that we will receive the Green Card in the post.

Good luck to all...

Thanks All

Congrats BlessU..

Hope Everyone gets approved soon..

God be with U..

giveme_GC, Is your I-140 Approved

givme_gc said:
Hi Johar,

giveme_GC, Is your I-140 Approved? Please advise......

Hi, guys. I am new to this branch of the forum.Quick question, which I am sure was discussed numerious times here. How soon can I live the U.S. after marrige with the american sitizen? As far as I understand I can apply for parole after my I-140 approval.Is that right? How long does it take to get parole from the date of marrige?

Giveme_GC,

givme_gc said:
Damnit...Its approved...

USCIS will apporove 485 ONLY if I140 is approved...

As you said your's was for future employement green card. When did you join your sponsor company. Was it before I-140 approval. Did office asked you about paystb from sponsor company?

My I-140 is not approved and my 485 is transfered. Mine is future empoyement basis and I recently joined my sponsor company, in fact last month. Please advise..Thanks in advance

Hi Damnit,

I am yet to join the Sponsoring company. I will be joining them soon.

Regarding ur case, There should not be any problem as u have already joined the sponsoring company. In case if you get the Interview they should be asking the Employment Verification letter from the current employer & paystubs..which in ur case is from the sponsoring employer..

Good Luck..

Hey Givme_GC, When did your I-140 approve?

givme_gc said:
Hi Damnit,

I am yet to join the Sponsoring company. I will be joining them soon.

Regarding ur case, There should not be any problem as u have already joined the sponsoring company. In case if you get the Interview they should be asking the Employment Verification letter from the current employer & paystubs..which in ur case is from the sponsoring employer..

Good Luck..
Hey Givme_GC, When did your I-140 approve? Was it before 485 transfer???Please reply as my I-140 is not approved and they have tarnsfered my 485. I'm quite nervous as my interview is scheduled for march 9th....

I got it approved before filing my I485. I am not sure how it will be handled in ur case..Please ask ur attorney..

Good Luck