Interview in St Louis local office

vathsan98

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have an interview in St Louis next month along with my wife and son. In the interview letter it mentions "please bring all items that are checked(X) to the interview":

1. This letter, passport,I94(if any)
2. etc....
3. Current letter of employment for you and/or your spouse
showing rate of pay and hours per week
4. etc...
5. Spouse
6. etc...
7. etc...

In the above items only item No 1, No 3 and No 5 are checked and others not. For my wife and son the interview letter has a check on only Item No 1. Has anyone gotten this kind of interview letter with same items checked. If so can you please give me details as how the interview will be, what kind of documents and questions the immigration officer may ask us.

Identical case,

Gurus,

My case was Transferred to Local office last month and I got a letter saying that I will have to come for an Interview on Jan 19. in the letter they have asked to bring in my passport, I 94s and letter of employment.
nothing else and for my spouse and daughter they have asked for passport and I 94, nothing more.
so 1) what do other things that I take with me?.
2) is there any chance of getting the approval, stamping the same day?.
3) but they have not asked for any Photos?.

and the most Important question my passport expires on Jul 2005.
so what I must do?. get the passport renewal before I go for Interview?.
I read some where that they won’t stamp in the passport if it is not valid fro more than 6 months .is it true?.
I have to go to Chicago for renewal. Which is wise: to send it in mail or go in person. I have less than 20 day working days in between. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

vathsan98 said:
Hi all,

I have an interview in St Louis next month along with my wife and son. In the interview letter it mentions "please bring all items that are checked(X) to the interview":

1. This letter, passport,I94(if any)
2. etc....
3. Current letter of employment for you and/or your spouse
showing rate of pay and hours per week
4. etc...
5. Spouse
6. etc...
7. etc...

In the above items only item No 1, No 3 and No 5 are checked and others not. For my wife and son the interview letter has a check on only Item No 1. Has anyone gotten this kind of interview letter with same items checked. If so can you please give me details as how the interview will be, what kind of documents and questions the immigration officer may ask us.

blessu,

In my opinion, you should wait and get it renewed after the interview. It is a little risky to send it by mail this late. The officer at the interview will need your passport to look at your visa(s) especially the current one. If your case is approved, they'll take your index finger print, which initiates the process for a plastic card. In the worst case they may refuse to stamp your passport due to the expiry date, which you can get done at a latter time also once you get your passport nenewed.

In my case I never got the passport stamped. In fact it is not required also if you are not planning to travel abroad in the next few weeks while they process your plastic card.

Response to Blessu question

Blessu,

Please go to chicago and renew passport in person.
Take recent 2 photos of everyone to interview.
They may stamp the GC same day.
Please take last 2 months of paystubs,last 2 years of tax filings,your last 2 bank account statements,current apt lease,auto insurance,etc.

Hi Vathsan98,

Did the online status(message) change before/after you got the interview letter, that the interview has been scheduled?

Thanks - How was the interview

Vathsan ,

Thanks for the quick response. I think your case is almost the same as mine. so can you please tell me what happened on the interview?.it wil really help. also can I renew the passport in one day (in Chiago)?.

Thanks in advance.

vathsan98 said:
Blessu,

Please go to chicago and renew passport in person.
Take recent 2 photos of everyone to interview.
They may stamp the GC same day.
Please take last 2 months of paystubs,last 2 years of tax filings,your last 2 bank account statements,current apt lease,auto insurance,etc.

Hello Vasanthan,

It would be great if you could share your interview exp in st.louis.

Mine is a Future employment case and I had my FP on 10/26 . I processed my GC using a substitute Labour with my previous employer A and i am currently working with Employer B in st.louis.
On December 14, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in ST LOUIS, MO for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months.

how long it takes in St.louis to schedule interview....

Thanks

I am in the same boat

Friends
My case was also transfered to STL
I-94,EMP verifcation needed-documents Required
Interview is on jan-20th for me spouse also same
just spoke with my company which is in california
I was told to take all the orignal documents includes experince letters
possible Q what is your job nature? what r u doing ?what is your plans

MY labour is also substuited

Looking for more info
RAJ

Info

Answers
matchup your Labour Qualification skills-tell them related to that your working
about Plans
you have to mention that your going to work for the same company in same skills same designation

Raj

RFE issued

The interview went fine yesterday.the RFE was for the medical vacination certificate.this was due the Idiot doctor who checked the wrong box in the form that is submited to the INS. we met the doctor same day and got the new forms filled up for INS. I cant belive how idiotic they are. :mad:
Back to the Interview
We went 1/2 hour before. our attorney joined us in few minutes . we were called for the interview at the correct time.put under oath. officer asked date of birth, marrige date, last date enetred into the US.name of the company i am working, and date I joined ( same company from day one) .then she just asked those yes/no question lile ( are you involved in any terrorist activity etc).prity much routine.then she saide the one thing that is pending is this vacination certifate . she typed that RFE straight away and gave to us.
we will be sumbmiting the vacination forms in a week.
I cant belive that RFE will be due to the doctors silly mistake. anyway I think I have to waite for another one or two months atleast.
Keep you posted guys.
Thanks

givme_gc said:
Hello Blessu,

How was ur interview?

No. The local offices are very prompt as compared to national offices. I think once you submit the vaccination you will get the approval letter in a week or two.

I had a similiar case. My son's medical form was missing. I went back to the doctor on the same day that is Oct 27th, got a new form and personally went back to INS office and submitted it along with the RFE letter. My case was approved after 2 days and got the letter in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, there is no way to track your case in a local office. You just have to wait for that letter in the mail.

Good luck and congratulations in advance.