Interview in SJ

No Title

Thanks, Hal, for summarizing SJ interview waiters. Please
note that rajeertherunner\'s case has been approved approximately
three weeks after the interview (see the updated interview list).

He sent me an e-mail describing the interview days ago, but
I could not post his article because of the trouble with my
telnet connection (it seems like my internet always has some
problem!). I will post his experience once the problem is
fixed. Please stay tuned.

ciba

No Title

CIBA:
As per Fed Ex CSC recd my 485 packet on 7/19/01
but they put RD as 8/27 and ND as 9/24..
need ur advise on how to correct this??
180 days rule and EAD counts from RD..right??

pl send a line on this

No Title

I am not aware of any way to \'correct\' the dates.

In my case there have been 3 weeks between the mail receipt, the INS RD and then another 2 weeks to the ND (I don\'t remember the details, it\'s been one year now since I sent the signed files to the lawyer).

Take care!

Possible change in my case

It looks like the lawyer may have received interview notice for the month of November. I do not have details now and will know more in a couple of days.

As per my previous posting, we recently sent a file to the local office of the INS trying to address possible issues in the application. This may have prompted the INS to schedule the interview or maybe it was already in the pipe. Now I am pretty happy I hired my own lawyer, I spend some money out of my own pocket but you know what they say: you get what you pay for.

Anyway try to speak with your legal counsels and keep in mind that close to 5 months went by before we started to make waves. Of course other strategies may be possible, however some patience is needed one way or the other.

I would love to say that I am thrilled by this change however this is not the case. I went through too many twists in my GC journey already (started the first file in 97). I expect to be grilled at the interview, specially since the tragic events of September 11. Although a rejection is unlikely I have that in my mind as a possible outcome. I will keep you posted.

Good luck to everybody!

Everything is gone.

ProActive:

You are so pessimistic.
More optimism:
OK, you will "be grilled at the interview" but
YOU WILL HAVE GOT GC !!! ;-)

We are waiting winning report from you.

Good luck.

Interview

Good to hear that your lawyer must have received your notice. My quesiton is do we also receive a copy of the notice.

I am hoping that I receive mine too soon. Endlessly waiting

Thanks
unluckywaiter

When do we know exactly that Interview is not scheduled?

After filing AOS and getting FP, is it understood that they are not going to transfer to Local office for interview?
At what stage we know that we are out of Interview and also RFE?

What is the relation to Interview and FP?

Pls share the correct information after checking the live cases.

Thanks CIBA!, You are nice and gentle to post rajeevtherunner\'s exprience.

Ciba!

I\'ve almost moved to tears hearing that you have rajeev\'s experience to post it.
here, I\'d like to thank rajeev for mailing his experience to you.
We the members of the \'Interview Club\' are all the ears to hear any advice or information about the INTERViEW.

Thanks again, and have great days!

Hal Love

Only when i485 is approved, you are free from Interview and RFE

And, there is no direct relation between Interview and FP.

Hal Love

ProActive, So glad to hear that you\'ll have the interview, soon.

Hi ProActive,

Then, you\'ll be waiting for about 6 months from the transferred date to the interview date.
(from 05/01-May this year until end of November)

By the way, what is the NOTICE DATE of the interview schedule?

Hal Love

No Title

ProActive:

We have good news: your last date of waiting was assigned.
It seems the long line starts to move.
Who\'s next?

Interview

Interview1
I hope I my the next one. My case was transferred in April\'01. I am eagerly waiting for it to come.

Proactive : Did you receive the actual interview notice by mail or did it go directly to your attorney\'s. Also if possible could you let us know what all have asked you to bring along with you for the Interview

Thanks
Unluckywaiter - Will get lucky one day ---- Hoping

No Title

unluckywaiter:

Of course, you are. Go ahead.
I am waiting only 1 month. I am baby in this line.
I only wish that line moves but not be frozen like we had before.
ProActive is the first person who received deadline of his waiting since I jointed to "Interview Club".

Nobody can be permanently unlucky.
Be luck, unluckywaiter.

Case Transferred to local INS office

On 10th Oct, my case was transferred to local INS office in Sacramento. Anyone has Sacramento interview experience to share?

No Title

Nik,

You should start a new thread on this topic at the main level. This will increase your chances of getting some information.

Good luck!

Anyone know the time to get interview at San Fancisco INS Office?

Just got my I-485 notice of action sent to me saying that my case is referred to San Francisco\'s INS office for interview. Does anyone know how long this is likely to take to schedule and more importantly is there anything I can do to speed it up,

Thanks,

Paul

No Title

I seem to remember that last year people were waiting for 8 months but over the summer somebody got their notification in 2-3 months.

Post again at the top level \'I485 in CA group\' few people read messages nested so deep.

Good luck!