Interview in SJ

interview1

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 was transferred in SJ local office.
Do anybody know how I can track my case (receiving, pending, scheduling) in SJ local office ?
Maybe, somebody has experience - please, share with me.

Thank you in advance.

No Title

Hei,

Sorry to hear about the interview. There are a couple of people around in the same situation, so do not despair. A couple of days ago an interview was approved in Arizona and sometime this month another one was approved in SF. Search this web site for the word interview and you will find quite some postings, including one of mine that summarizes most of the information I have.

Before 9/11 wy educated guestimate for the SJ waiting times was between 6-9 months. Now waiting times are everybody\'s guess.

The SJ office has meetings with the general public every now and then. You may want to attend one of them and ask the IIO what ever questions you want. Their answer on the wait time is "3 to 6 months." You can get to your local office web pages by starting at the main site, http://www.ins.usdoj.gov

Take care!

No Title

ProActive:

Thank you so much for the response.

But I did not ask about pending time because I know this is useless question on all GC stages (I am experienced GC waiter): everybody asks - nobody answers.

I asked about most effective contact with SJ local office to found out my case status.

I used your advice: "Search this web site for the word interview"
You wrote about contact throu "the congress representative(s)".
Somebody wrote that he stood in line overnight to ask about his case.
It is awful.
Does any easier way exist ?

Thank you one more.

No Title

The only easier way is to wait. We are off the beaten track. Even the congress representatives will imply that there must be a real problem with your file if it has been transferred. Maybe you are a terrorist or something ;-)

It\'s a tough spot to be in. You have to think about your situation and try to put things into perspective (it\'s just a piece of paper after all) and be prepared to wait a little bit longer.

I am trying to do "something" through my lawyer. Basically we sat down and thought about the reasons for the transfer. We tried to addressed the possible issues and built a really big file. The lawyer then mailed it to the local office of the INS.

I have little hope that this will help, however I feel better after going through this exercise. I waited for a little bit before sending the file out (4 months).

Talk with your legal counsel and see which options you may have. I am using my own lawyer after the company lawyer messed up the initial application - long story.

Take care!

I searched for "interview"

I searched for the word "interview", didn\'t get any useful hits. Could you please re-post the message that "summarizes most of the information you have".

Thanks.

BTW, previous post

ProActive "Please Explain the process of 485 app transffering from CSC to local INS office" 9/19/01 9:17pm

Please share any additional information you may have.

No Title

If you ask me:
"Please share any additional information you may have."

Sorry, but I just begin to investigate this problem (interview).
And all info which I have is yours.
Thank you one more.

Of course, if I\'ll dig out something I\'ll let you know.

Cheers.

My I-485 has been transferred to SJ local office, TOO.

It isn\'t very nice, but as per AVM tonight, my I-485 has been transferred, too.
I want to ask any help from any experienced gurus.

How long will it take from transferred date to actual interview date?
Any advice for this kind of case should be a big help for me.

I\'ll contact my lawyer and ask some questions about it, tomorrow.
Also, I want to call local INS and ask about the interview schedule.

Hal Love

No Title

Hal Love:

Time of pending is most unpredictable thing in INS.

It depends on series of questions: what shelf your case laid on; what officer processes your case; what wood of the officer is now and so on. ;->

Most full explanation about pending time for interview is given by ProActive in message#1 in this thread. I think you could not find anything more.

If you\'ll get more info from lawyer or local office, please share it with us.

Thank you.

Take care.

No Title

Hal Love, we are truly sorry you are joining our club :-(

The oldest case I am aware of is \'UnluckyWaiter\' or something like that. The case has been transferred in April this year. Hopefully he/she will keep us posted. Of course it is possible than any of you will get your interview in 3 weeks (the shortest waiting period I heard of, somewhere in LA) or 3 months (as it happened for a recent case in San Francisco).

One quite desperate solution is to move in San Franscisco and try to get your case transferred there. However at the end of 2000 SJ seemed to be faster than SF. Personally I decided to stay put and wait.

Take care!

Thank you Interview1, Proactive for admitting me in \'The Interviewer\'s Club\'

I\'ve never thought I would join the group for the interview.
But, in this week, situations has been suddenly changed.
"You never know what will happen."

Here, I\'d appreciate all the \'Tales of the Bravery\' of the Once-experienced-interviewers at personal experiences in Ciba\'s I-485 Tracker Site, http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/WebCSC.htm
There are more than 30 tales waiting for the new CLUB members. Thank you all the writers.

I\'ll be writing any new information I can get.

Hal Love

No Title

Of course! I should have mentionned the link :)

Glad to see I am in good company -- with people who can find their way around :)

Good luck!

I am also in the same boat

My wife\'s finger prints are not coming correct. Lawyer and ASC rep says that my case will sure go to local INS office. Currently my case is at Service Center. I am also glad that I have some company here. I am in Sacramento. Anyone from "Interview Club" in Sacramento ?

No Title

Nik, sorry to hear you may be joining us. Sacramento may be a better \'choice\' than San Jose.

Keep us posted, will be here :)

Good luck!

Thanks hh2000 and rajeevtherunner! Can I ask you to tell us about your interview experiences?

I\'ve read the personal experiences of hh2000, ravikrish, and rajeevtherunner in CIBA\'s I-485 Track Site.

For the reference of the club members, the dates of hh2000, ravikrish, and rajeevtherunner were as follows.
hh2000.............. xfred to SJ: 01/16/01, interv.noticed: 03/12/01, interv.scheduled: 05/01/01
ravikrish............. xfred to SJ: 02/??/01, interv.noticed: 04/10/01, interv.scheduled: 06/08/01 (approved at interview)
rajeevtherunner... xfred to SJ: 04/10/01, interv.noticed: 07/??/01, interv.scheduled: 09/05/01
(Note: we can see that it was 4 or 5 months from xfr to interv at that time)

It\'s very late, but congratulations on your approval, ravikrish!
I couldn\'t see the approval news of hh2000, and rajeevtherunner.
Can you be kind to tell us about your interview experiences for the \'Interview Club\' members waiting for the interview,
and, let us have a chance to congratulate your approvals?

Hal Love

Interview

Hal Love
I have been waiting since April \'2001 for my interview to be scheduled. Its more than 5 months now and still waiting.

Well I will keep my fingers crossed and keep hoping that I will receive mine pretty soon.

thanks
Unluckywaiter

No Title

Hi should-be-luckywaiter,

Have you ever made a call to SJ INS local office, and asked about the schedule?
How about trying to wait in the line and ask in person at the office?
I just thought any ways you can try.

Good luck!

Hal Love