Interview in San Francisco, pending name check

carrot2006

Registered Users (C)
We had our inerview yesterday (12/19/2006) 10:30am in San Francisco. We arrived a little bit earlier than 10:30 and waited until shortly after 11:00 to be called in. Our officer led us to his office and swore us in. He started by asking us to put our IDs on the table. Then he swithcing between looking at our documents and asking us various questions.

I could not clearly remember the order of the questions, so I just list them here. He asked why we got married, how we met, what do my husband's parents do, what do we do, has my husband ever been to China to meet my parents, after my husband said yes, he asked how did they treat him. He also asked my hunband what makes our marriage strong, later on he asked me again why I married my husband. Of course, he asked me those question on the I-485 form. In the whole process, he did not ask any hard questions. We felt that he's not interested in most of the answer to the questions. However, he seemed to be concerned about whether my husband had met my parents.

He basically did not ask for many more documents from us. He said since we just got married several months ago, he did not expect we had many joint things. If we had some, we could give him, if not, it was okay. We gave him the last two months of our joint bank account statements and he refused to take the copy of our joint credit card because he did not want to get the credit card number. We brought one small album of pictures of us. He did not even looked at it, instead, he just asked me to gave him several "happy" pictures that he could put into my file.

He asked me to sign one place on a form and told us that we did not need any further interview, but since my name check was still not cleared, he could not approve my case at that time. :( Then I asked him that whether I should have my I-94 card back (he took it away from my passport at the beginning of the interview), he said no, I don't need it any more. I was kind of confused, cuz I think it is one of the documents to show my legal status. But anyway, I did not argue with him more. After giving me a piece of paper showing my case has been continued for the security clearance reason, he showed us way out.

The next time we check our watch was 11:30. We believe our interview was about 20 minutes. I got a lot of information from this forum in the process, I hope my post of my experience would be helpful for other people. It is not over for us yet. We will keep it updated. :) I wish everyone good luck!

Congratulations

Hi,

Congrats on your successful interview.. :p . I hope the name check is resolved quickly... :rolleyes:

Happy trailings and speedy approval... :D