Interview in Philly- UPSET..DISSAPOINTED

sky88

Registered Users (C)
Here is a summary of what happened:

My I485 (EB3; PD Sept 02) was transferred to local office in Philadelphia. Was called for an interview on 6/23/08 and brought along my lawyer (which cost me $$$$). Before the interview, I had confirmed with the lawyer that the July's EB 3 retrogression should affect me given I was called in for interview in June! Visa number had been allocated for me and USCIS should be able to approve my GC if the interview went well!

But guess what, upon answering all the typical questions by the USCIS officer, the officer told us that he was notified on 6/21/08 that the number will NOT BE AVAILABLE for EB3 starting 6/23/08!!!!! :eek: When we heard that, we were SHOCKED!!!! My lawyer asked the officer WHY? Bcos typically they would allocate the number for me when they asked me in for interview plus, retrogression should apply to July's cases, not me!!!! Officer said..no...in case the interview wasn't successful, they didn't want to waste the visa number!!! Nothing much he could do...

So ......with this big shocker....I now had to wait till October!!!

And what makes it more UPSETTING is - my fingerprint expires Oct 5, so say EB3 still retrogress comes Oct, then I will have to go redo my finger print, background check, name check......which means...I will have to WAIT LONGER!!!!

I am really sick and tired of this stupid and unfair system!!!!

sky7,

This is nonsensical on USCIS's part. That said, how do you know your FP's expire on Oct 5 ? Confirm this fact for your case by calling a service center IO.

Your case is now pre-adjudicated and approved, so it just a matter of visa availability by Oct. If they at all need an FP ...chase them like a hound on Oct 5. Once that is done you should get your card in days. Name Check, IBIS checks etc. are not related to FP... time flies and October is not too far :)

THanks for reading and replying...:)

THe officer actually discussed that with us details about my case. And told us my finger print will expire Oct 5.

And one thing i didn't mention - the offficer actualy told us that my wife' finger prints didn't pass the second time (even she went in to redo the second time last year). But we never get any notification until the officer told us. So for my wife, she will have to get a police clearance!:(

Good thing is, the officer actually told my lawyer, if comes mid Sept the Oct Bulletin says EB3 is available, then my lawyer can drop by early Oct (before Oct 5) to meet with the officer and see if he can approve our case....

Bcos he is afraid if we wait after oct 5, then we will have to redo the finger prints and my wife will have to do twice, fail, then go get a police clearance!

Sky

Be happy, Do not be disappointed, your case has been approved. you will get the card before Oct. 5.

paaroo...thanks.

I know...but i guess u or most of the people here could relate how frustrated it is to wait like this...it affects our career and family planning and it costs us so much money...renew EAD, renew I131.....sometimes just makes one thinks "Is it worth it"???? Plenty of opportunities in Asia..and now..middle east....why bother with the US!

The October Bulletin should be a good news for my case, meaning my PD will be current and visa number should be available for my I485.

Here is a dissapointing news from my lawyer after she visited the local USCIS office:

I was at USCIS today and I was told your file is there and they are currently under review. I was told that each Field Office would request a visa number for the month of October for all eligible cases. When I asked the definition of eligible cases, they indicated that these would be cases with a current PD. When I asked whether new Biometrics were being issued, they indicated in some cases they were. They would not give me information on your specific case. Esssentially I was told that if they wanted anything from us we would be notified.

You may want to consider going to a Federal Congressman or Senator to see if they can make an inquiry on your specific case.

I was there in that office for over 4 hours today and they were adament about not telling me whether your case would be approved in October.

So basically they are not telling us anything!!!!

They can wait pass Oct 5 when our fingerprints expire to review our case...and then say to us "Your fingerprints had expired, so you have to redo it again...we can't assign a number to your case now!!!"

Anyone knows any PA senators/congressman???? pls help...

Sigh....my luck is really BADDDD!!!!

btw, my wife who failed the previous 2 fingerprints (somehow the machine just didn't like her fingers!) didn't get any biometric apt from USCIS. So we went to get crimanal background clearance from the police dept and hope that will surfice. Lawyer have handed the clerance report to the officer, but they didn't say anything at all!!!