Interview In Newark, N.j.

alicja

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I just received a letter from local office in Newark for interview (future employment) next month.
Please share your experience if you have a interview recently.
All sugestions how to prepare for this "Big Day" are welcome.
I started this in 1996, is 10 long years right now.
I hope everything will be OK.

EB 3
I-140, I-485-Vermont Center-7/04.
I-140 Approved-10/04.
Transfered to Local Office-11/8/04.
I-485 Interview scheduled for 6/14/06????????? :eek:

I am sorry , I wanted to request you to post our experience on same day if you can because mine is scheduled on 06/15/06

There is nothing to worry about, I had my interview at Newark office, the immigration officer was a lady and very nice. She asked for my recent 6 months salary slips and last years tax return. One important thing to carry is letter from your employer showing you ar ecurrently employed by the employer who filed the petition for you. I am stuck in backlog (EB3) so officer took my interview and stamped my passport for PD awaited. Officer will ask a few questions about you and your work which you have filled up in 485 application. Like verifying your address, will ask if any criminal records on file etc etc.

INterview completed at Newark office

Friends ,

MY interview completed at Newark office .Here is more details ..

It was scheduled at 11:30 06/15/06 and we went there at aroung 10:00 ,went to rececpt. window and she told that we are too early come at 11:00 , we waited and I treid at 10:30 she took appointment letter and suprprisely we got a called at 10:45 . Ofiicer was so nice ,he took sigh and fingure print and take us to his desk ,asked what happened to job at my sponcer company I replied
I wirked for him and then I got a another good project so working from current company . then he asked bithday ,address etc . He told me that if I am aware of prriority dates ( in my case it is not current ,mine is July 2002 ) I said yes .
He just gave me one letter stating that your file is abyence due to PD is not current and he told that once PD is current you will get GC in mail or may be you need to give fingure print again .He took my I 94 s that it .all it tooks less than 5 minutes .

Please let me know if some one has any questions . My case is future Emplouyment case .

Best luck to all .

Thanks
Shailesh

hi Shailesh - what all they have asked you to bring to interview? In my case they have asked me to bring passport, I94 and inteview letter. My case is AC21. i have interview on 06/20/06

Hi Sai ,

IN my interview letter they asked only passport and I-94s and did not mentioned any papers but we have keep all papers ready ,specially job related papers(job letter,paystubs and etc) IRS Tax returns , all immigration related papers
and birth certificates . Looks like they ask only passport and I 94 for straight case . I do not think you should have any problem .

Best Luck !!

Shailesh

My EB based 485 interview is done today at newark INS.

The officer gave a letter saying the samething as Shailesh's case as priority date is not current. Mine is Dec 2001 - EB3

She verified

Drivers licenses ,Birth certificates, EADs, EVL, Paystubs, 2005 tax returns.

Asked me whether i am on H1, why i changed job
Asked my wife - my DOB, my parents names, her Birth certificates, my son's birth certificate.

And then turned to my attorney and said whether the attorney knows about the priotity dates being not current. Did not mention anything like my GC will come in mail after PD become current etc. But she gave same letter as of Shailesh.

During the interview process , she took off I94

Now one question Shailesh - If we need to travel to India on Advance Parole how do we go, what do we submit while leaving USA (we are supposed to give I94). But the officer took away.

sai_srinivas said:
My EB based 485 interview is done today at newark INS.

The officer gave a letter saying the samething as Shailesh's case as priority date is not current. Mine is Dec 2001 - EB3

She verified

Drivers licenses ,Birth certificates, EADs, EVL, Paystubs, 2005 tax returns.

Asked me whether i am on H1, why i changed job
Asked my wife - my DOB, my parents names, her Birth certificates, my son's birth certificate.

And then turned to my attorney and said whether the attorney knows about the priotity dates being not current. Did not mention anything like my GC will come in mail after PD become current etc. But she gave same letter as of Shailesh.

During the interview process , she took off I94

Now one question Shailesh - If we need to travel to India on Advance Parole how do we go, what do we submit while leaving USA (we are supposed to give I94). But the officer took away.

i hope you made lots of copies of your i94 before he took it. Carry your i94 copy when you depart the USA. if the airline would want to take it, they would otherwise dont worry about it.

Sai ,

I think it is not a major issue , because they are not immigration office and they can not stop us to travel india as we have indian passport . One most important thing is if you travel via Paris ,we need to have trasist visa as we do not have any cisa stamped on passport . I checked in this forum and to be safer side I am going to get trasist visa for france and it same case for UK too .

Regards
Shailesh

mistry25 said:
Sai ,

I think it is not a major issue , because they are not immigration office and they can not stop us to travel india as we have indian passport . One most important thing is if you travel via Paris ,we need to have trasist visa as we do not have any cisa stamped on passport . I checked in this forum and to be safer side I am going to get trasist visa for france and it same case for UK too .

Regards
Shailesh

I will disagree with the above statement. They have every right to refuse to take you on the flight. Like when my wife went to India and she did not have a transit visa they refused to let her board the plane. We then had to get the transit visa and then she flew a week later. Please consult your lawyer before going to the airport on what is the procedure if you do not have a valid I-94.

HI

mistry25 and sai_srinivas

Have u received ur GC? I went through same process in JUN,06.
My case is current for July and for August it will be in wait state again.

Do you think we will receive GC soon?

Thank you

HI mistry25

Have u received ur GC? I went through same process in JUN,06.
My case is current for July and for August it will be in wait state again.

Do you think we will receive GC soon?

Thank you