Interview in Mumbai Consulate

vansuram

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post but though I will post it here . I am an US citizen and have sponsored my parents for IV visa (Category 1 parents of US Citizen). They are setup for an Interview next week at the Mumbai Consulate. Here are some of my questions

Could anyone try and let me know what are the possible inerview questions that the consuler might ask for my parents ?

Also My parents had been rejected an non immigrant visa twice before on the grounds that they are potential immigrants ? Is it possible that they would be rejected again ?

My parents are all alone over there and would really like them to join me here . I am very tense. Any help to answer these questions would be really appreciated

Thanks

Suresh

Relax, so long as they are your real parents, there is nothing to worry about, they will just ask them questions to prove that you have had a relationship with them since you have been in the US. They will not be rejected based on thier previous rejections, which was based on the fact that they could decide to stay on a visitor's visa since you are there. The IV process is basically telling the Consulate that they intend to stay in the US so their intensions has already been made clear so there is nothing to worry about. Just make sure they take everything that proves that you are thier child and that you still have a relationship and they will be fine, consider things like, letters, money transfers you have made to them, pictures and stuff like that. Good luck