• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview in London Oct 28

To all,

I would say this: If you can get an affidavit of support that is the best. Supposedly with a sponsor you do not need any other thing.

Conversely if you have a job offer it might or might not work In our case a good job offer did not work because of a weird interpretation of the consular officer.

Also assets is something very very subjective, you can show loads of money but in the end all will depend on what the consular officer might think of it, i.e. if the co thinks it is not a realiable asset they might ask for affidavit in the end.

Bottom line, wheneever the consular officer has doubts about job offer or assets and the like they will ask for affidavit. Even sometimes when they accept the stuff they will just in case ask for affidavit.

That said, if you can get an affidavit of support just go for it without giving it a second thought, it is better than anything else.

The reason why they ask for an affidavit is simply to see you have someone who is willing to respond for you.

What they look at is not some sponsor who will pay your bills or feed you or such, they look specifically that you would not apply to public benefits like food stamps and such and if you do the sponsor is responsible.

However, for the peace of mind of the sponsor courts have found that i-134 is not enforceable in a court of law.

In our case it was weird, totally because we had a job offer that included housing and all utilities paid, besides salary and medical, but the consul rejected it on the basis that (according to her) we were not allowed to work until we actually receive the green card on the mail which can take weeks or months. This was totally out of the mold and absolutely not true because the moment you enter your visa is stamped with I-551 valid for one year and the stamp says specifically employment authorized. In actuality the stamp on your visa has the same value as the green card. So what this woman was saying was just offbase to say the least. But since they have the last word and there is always a no ready to hit you, it is always better not to argue with the consular officer and humbly do as they say.

Hope this helps a bit.

JC

CymruArgie,

Congrats! But never forget that this is not your acheivement. It is the GOD's ...

I have the below questions:

1- Which methods of payments are acceptable in the embassy for Visa fees?
2- How formal people dress for the Visa interview?

CymruArgie,

Congrats! But never forget that this is not your acheivement. It is the GOD's ...

In the DV application package you get once you win the lottery, the instruction says that you would pay the embassy in the currency where you live i.e. it does not have to be in US dollars.

Always dress formal, shows you are serious about what you are applying towards.

In the DV application package you get once you win the lottery, the instruction says that you would pay the embassy in the currency where you live i.e. it does not have to be in US dollars.

Always dress formal, shows you are serious about what you are applying towards.

Thanks for your reply cooldude06_78;

Any other ideas? spacially people who had interview in London.

It is my understanding that the I-134 is not enforceable by law but the I-864 is. I know that the I-864 is not suitable for DV cases but the Immigration Officers usually ask for it.

CymruArgie,

Thanks for that acknowledgement that success in the lottery is not really ours but God's

Can you remeber , whether at the interview the consular officer compare the photo submitted electrnically with your other photos or with your face.

CymruArgie, have you heard from the US consulate in London? Some of us are yearning to hear the outcome of your application. If you have been issued the visas, could you please come here and tell us more about your experience? Though we have read a lot about your interview, we still wish to hear your final account.

CymruArgie, have you heard from the US consulate in London? Some of us are yearning to hear the outcome of your application. If you have been issued the visas, could you please come here and tell us more about your experience? Though we have read a lot about your interview, we still wish to hear your final account.

Check the previous page, he got his visa already.

hello everyone i need help pls. i would like to know do someone from Ghana need finger print taken in london before applying police certificate from Ghana. my interview is first week in january, but i ve still not received the second letter. I am confused now. pls help

my second question is could someone tell me what happen when u go to take the finger print. do they check ur visas, because i just renew my passport but i ve to sent it for a new visa, but the time is limited now. plsssssss help.

Last edited by a moderator: