• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview in London 30th Dec

Ausman21

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I thought i would update everyone who will be having an interview in London on my experience. I had a successful interview this morning and no am awaiting my passport so i can fly out to San Francisco ASAP!
I arrived at the embassy at about 7.30am and had to store my mobile at a nearby pharmacy until the interview completed.

I was sitting for about 40mins until my number was called. The lady went through the list of documents they wanted i had alot of bank statements etc... all prepared but they just wanted the most recents ones for each account! Once i had given her all these i went away to then hear my number called again!
The lady had forgotten to ask me some questions just basic ones such as have u ever been arrested etc.. nothing to do with my move.

I then went to take a seat again and got called up about 15mins later to the next window to have my interview and i was surprised by how smoothly it went. The guy had all my papers said that everything looked in order then went through looking for my I-134 sayin he wanted to check something i didnt know what he could be looking for then just wanted to confirm that i could use that address for myself in the US!
He asked me how long i have lived in the UK and what sort of work i might get into in the US and that was it said everything was in order and free to go and will get my passport back soon!

Any questions anyone has do not hesitate to contact me!

Good luck everyone!

Hi All,

I thought i would update everyone who will be having an interview in London on my experience. I had a successful interview this morning and no am awaiting my passport so i can fly out to San Francisco ASAP!
I arrived at the embassy at about 7.30am and had to store my mobile at a nearby pharmacy until the interview completed.

I was sitting for about 40mins until my number was called. The lady went through the list of documents they wanted i had alot of bank statements etc... all prepared but they just wanted the most recents ones for each account! Once i had given her all these i went away to then hear my number called again!
The lady had forgotten to ask me some questions just basic ones such as have u ever been arrested etc.. nothing to do with my move.

I then went to take a seat again and got called up about 15mins later to the next window to have my interview and i was surprised by how smoothly it went. The guy had all my papers said that everything looked in order then went through looking for my I-134 sayin he wanted to check something i didnt know what he could be looking for then just wanted to confirm that i could use that address for myself in the US!
He asked me how long i have lived in the UK and what sort of work i might get into in the US and that was it said everything was in order and free to go and will get my passport back soon!

Good luck everyone!

I am very happy for you. Can you please tell us your nationality? Merry xmas and happy new year.

Hi All,

Good luck everyone!

Hi,

Congrats, i'm very happy for you.

Congratulation for your successful interview. Are you single or married? I'm asking this question because some people are saying if you are single, you don't need the affidavit of support. Did they ask for it or you just added it to your documents when submitting them?

I am single, but i just included an I-134 anyway as i didnt want to chance anything even though i a sure i would have been fine on my own.

Congratulation for your successful interview. Are you single or married? I'm asking this question because some people are saying if you are single, you don't need the affidavit of support. Did they ask for it or you just added it to your documents when submitting them?

hey ammeck iwent for ma interview...on nov18 in londonand my visa was put on hold because i didnt have affidavit of support and previous passport..it doesnt matter whether u are single or not they will ask it...anyway ma aunty is sending it next mth...
God luck

hey ammeck iwent for ma interview...on nov18 in londonand my visa was put on hold because i didnt have affidavit of support and previous passport..it doesnt matter whether u are single or not they will ask it...anyway ma aunty is sending it next mth...
God luck

Thanks for the information. It seems the embassy in London is more keen in the affidavit of support, no matter whether one is single or married.

Guys,

I have enough money at my bank account (more than poverty level) and I have a property which worth more than $250,000. Do you think I still need sponsor?

Guys,

I have enough money at my bank account (more than poverty level) and I have a property which worth more than $250,000. Do you think I still need sponsor?

hey USAHOLIC during ma tym of interview at the london embassy....i was told either to get i-134 or to get money and put on ma account which shows that i had enough money on the account....you would be fine ..dnt fink u will need it..

God luck

asss,

I am freaking out here once I saw your post, as I do not have an old passport with me.

I had an other passport, which was a service passport and normally had to be returned the country's ministry of foreign affairs upon return from abroad. I was with that passport in another country for a year to study, and I noted that on the KCC form. I am now with a different passport, although I have a receipt that indicate I have returned the old passport to the country's ministry of foreign affairs.

Will this be a problem or is it suffice that I show them the receipt indicating I have returned the passport? there is no way I can get that old passport back because it is the property of my country's government.

you shdnt get worried of that IOME

The reason why they asked for ma old pasport is because i presented a new pssport at the tym of interview because ma old passport had wrong d.o.b..but i explained and promised to send it in with i-134....they jus wnt to prove if i entered the uk legally.
Am of a view go with tht receipt to show tht you returned the old pp and offcorse with backing paper work on tht pp if you have any.

I am freaking out here once I saw your post, as I do not have an old passport with me.

I had an other passport, which was a service passport and normally had to be returned the country's ministry of foreign affairs upon return from abroad. I was with that passport in another country for a year to study, and I noted that on the KCC form. I am now with a different passport, although I have a receipt that indicate I have returned the old passport to the country's ministry of foreign affairs.

Will this be a problem or is it suffice that I show them the receipt indicating I have returned the passport? there is no way I can get that old passport back because it is the property of my country's government.[/QUOTE]

Missing documents visa suspended..anyone?

CN: 2010AF00008XXX
EDV sent:08/11/07
Notified :04/27/09
Forms sent:05/29/09
KCC confirms receipt: 06/06/09
2NL Dated :09/17/09
2NL Received: 10/05/09
Interviewed:11/18/09 (Visa suspended)
Current Status:Awaiting I-134

Is there anyone in the hse with the same problem..pliz cum up share ur experience..do u get visa after u have submitted in the requested docs
God bless

The reason why they asked for ma old pasport is because i presented a new pssport at the tym of interview because ma old passport had wrong d.o.b..but i explained and promised to send it in with i-134....they jus wnt to prove if i entered the uk legally.
Am of a view go with tht receipt to show tht you returned the old pp and offcorse with backing paper work on tht pp if you have any.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks asss.

I have no further backing paper on the old passport, not even its photocopy. All I have is the reciept. I thought they may need it to check all the countries I have travelled to. Do you guys think it is good idea to ask the embassy in advance if I am supposed to produce the old passport,or doing so is tantamounts to reminding them of something they probably would not have asked for and some thing I can't get even if they ask for?

thanks
lome

Thanks asss.

I have no further backing paper on the old passport, not even its photocopy. All I have is the reciept. I thought they may need it to check all the countries I have travelled to. Do you guys think it is good idea to ask the embassy in advance if I am supposed to produce the old passport,or doing so is tantamounts to reminding them of something they probably would not have asked for and some thing I can't get even if they ask for?

thanks
lome[/QUOTE]

hey iome,
dnt bother urself even calling them..just go there explain urself ..tell them about ur previous passport if they ask u...present ur receipt if u asked...hey one fing is tou gotta present police certificates for countries uve been to for more than one year...so keep tht in mind

Last edited by a moderator:
visa suspended

Hello, i ve got the same problem, my police certificate from my country was not ready at the time of the interview so i was asked to send them went it arrive. what i dont know is how long they will take to give u the visa. we are family of four and we ve spent almost four thousand pounds. i dont want to lose all the money, the london embassy are king in affv. of support i-134.

cov,

You will be fine, as long as you can send the police certificate and the certificate does not show some thing wrong. If they had a problem with other docuements and facts, they would have told you at the spot that they have rejected it;they wouldn't have asked you to get your police certificate. So relax you are safe and thank your God, but get the certificate as soon as you can and send it to them. I am not sure of how long it will take you to get the visa once you send the PC. My guess, however, is that it shouldn't take you more than two weeks to the max!

I will also have my interview in London in march, although I haven't still got the 2NL. Can you please share us the details of your interivew experience, if you haven't done so far?

lome

Lome,

Sorry for keeping u waiting for the interview experience , first of all what I can tell u abt ur 2nl is pls call kcc two days to ur interview or a week to ur interview if ur ven’t still received the 2nl, because my came after my interview, I was lucky I had call them to send them by email. You need to show them at the gate ur appointment letter before ur go for another passport check.

My interview at London, I reached there abt 7.15 and I joined the queue outside the embassy, abt 7.30 they started checking appoint. Letters and passport, I went through the security checked and went upstairs for my number then went to the lounge to wait.
Abt 20 mins my number was called I went to the window and the lady checked all the documents and asked me to go and pay for visa fee and bring the receipt, she also asked when did u intend to travel to the US, what date did u do ur medicals. Ve u had any problem with the police before. she asked me to sat and wait again for my number to be called, I waited abt 40 mins and then went to a diff. window for the interview.

Consular Officer: Good morning ,pls signed the form, pls lift ur right hand and swear with me , ve u got any children apart from these once. who is ur sponsor and where does he live.
Pls take this blue form and ring the courier when ur police certificate comes and add ur passport.
Thank you.

It was straight forward thing, the only problem was all my document wasn’t ready.

Last edited by a moderator: