Interview in Jan 2nd 2007 witout an EAD or AP

sambarej

Registered Users (C)
Interview on Jan 2nd 2007 without an EAD or AP

Hi All,

I am on OPT (F1) and expires on Jan 4th 2007.

I got married this year to a USC, my lawyer applied 4 forms - for EAD, GC, AP and i130 on October 23rd.

I received all the receipts in 1 week.
Had my finger printing on Nov 11th and received in mail a letter for Initial Interview for 1485.

We have most of the paper work in place like lease, utility bill, joint bank account, car insurance and a few other random things and some photographs.

I obviously did not receive the EAD and AP in mail yet and since I got the interview call without the EAD and AP, I dont think I will be receiving them before jan 2 2007.

I dont know what the process and basis to an interview call is. BUt I wasnt prepared for this hence I am a little worried.

Can some please advise on if this is good news or bad.
My hunband and I work, but if I do not get approved for the GC, then I cant work after jan 4th and that will be a disaster for us, as we have to have both of us working.

any advice would be appreciated.
thanks for your replies in advance.

Merry Christmas and a happy holidays to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar situation. Interview on Jan, 3rd, no EAD.

However... If you got your interview letter before your EAD or AP, it doesn't mean you won't get EAD and AP. You may still get them. There's still time before Jan. 2nd. If not... you may have to wait for your green card. I'm sure you'll be approved.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the reply Jewel12.

Well, my biggest worry is to get a work permit, it doesnt matter if its in the form of EAD or Green Card.

My interview is at Manchester, NH.
Not sure if anyone knows how this office handles green card interviews. :)
Any inputs would be helpful.

Good luck for your interview on the 3rd!

Relax....all will be well...

sambarej said:

Well, my biggest worry is to get a work permit, it doesnt matter if its in the form of EAD or Green Card.

Sam,

Congratulations on your upcoming interview. I wish you success. Couple of things to keep in mind. First, don't be a nervous wreck on the day of interview so to speak, be confidant and calm. You shouldn't give the USCIS officer an idea that you are scared by the interview process, because it could cause him to be suspicious of your marriage and its legitimacy. :eek: This could spell unnecessary trouble for you... :rolleyes:

You should prepare all your evidence which proof that your marriage is a legitimate one: things that proof that people are indeed married for their love, not for greencard... :eek: :

1. Wedding album or photos from a local court (depending on how you got married-other people go before a judge, others have a elaborate wedding ceremony and reception). I am not sure how you guys did it..
2. Joint everything (if you have all or some): apartment lease or house deed, life insurance policy showing each other as beneficiary of policy),car title, car, health and house insurance, utility bills, cellphone and home phone bills, cable bill, mailings of letters addressed to each of you at your current address, store department accout-both names (Macy's, Bloomingdale, Crate & Barrel, Nordstrom, Victoria Secret, etc) :)
3. Previous email communications between you two, prior to your marriage, because the time, date and email stamp is incorruptable and it is usually a solid evidence. Most importantly, if your dating relations is longer than your current married life, then previous communication before marriage is important. This could also include cards (Valentine, birthday, hanukkah, Xmas, Easter and anything of importance to each of you). :p
4. If you ever went on a vacation together prior to marriage and also went on your honey to the moon, then it will be good to bring those pictures.

I believe that with the above it should be a smooth sailing for you guys. Also, you don't have to bring each and everything on this list, a huge number of some of the above is fine as you seek to establish the legitimacy of your marriage. I suspect that your lawyer will be at the interview, which I will strongly recommend that HE ACCOMPANY YOU TO THE INTERVIEW. :cool:

As far as the interview is concerned: No one can tell you what will be each question that the officer is going to ask: Some of the most common questions are:

1. How did you meet? Where?
2. When was your first date? Where?
3. When did you decide to get married? Did your parents agree with your decision?
4. Have you meet his or her parents? Have they met you?
5. Where do you currently live? How long have you lived there? Did you live together before you got married?
6. Where did you go for your honeymoon?
7. Where was the wedding held? How did you (husband or wife) get to the wedding?
8.How did you both leave the wedding? Where did you go after the reception?
9. Where both of your parents at the wedding?

These are just a sample of questions, they can ask more or less, depending on the responses each gives. I can only wish you success. Please remember to be confidant and calm... :D Lastly, be nicely dressed, spiffy couples are generally considered legitimate than two people who look like they were chewed by a dragon... :eek: spitted in front of the USCIS building... ;)

Interview in Jan 2007

hi Guys,

I am geting set for my AOS interview in Jan 2007. List of available documents that i have and any input will be appreciated.

1. State ID with same address i lived with my wife
2. Three Electric bills in my wife name since she changed her last name to
my name, others were in her previous ex-husband name.
3. six month phone bills in her name using my last name. The electric and
phone company refused allowing both of our names on the bills.
4. one cable bill in my name cos we just changed the cable bill from his son
name to mine as the son moved out of our appartment and got his own,
but all previous bills in his sons name are with us and all are to our house
address.
5. photo album.
6. letters and greeting cards address to us from friends and family
7. email converstion before our marriage.
8. we have a joint-sponsor with his orininal birth certificate and tax
papers including his recent pay stubs since my wife did not meet the
poverty line.
9. original of all document earlier send to USCIS (marriage cert., birth cert.,
divorce papers, passport, I-94, etc.)
10. we just recently signed a joint 18 month lease with both our names on it,
we also have the previous lease agreement signed by my wife to
show that she was living here before we got married. I was the
one that moved in with her from a different state.
11. Joint bank account cos she added me to her account.

12. my wife has changed all her previous document to read my name like
(drivers lincense, social security card, Medic aid card)

This are the only documents we have and i just got my EAD and i have not gotten any job yet.

Pls guys any advise and input will highly be appreciated.

thanks.

sambarej said:

:) My biggest worry is the same as yours. But all we can do is wait and see what happens.

My mother-in-law lives in Manchester, NH :) Aside from that I know nothing about this place. Maybe other people on this forum will be able to help you.

Good luck! :)

hi Al,

Thank you so much for the reply and your patience on the explaination!

We do have a couple email conversations, phone call logs, text messages,, etc.. prior to being married as evidence.

We do have most of the things in place, and yes my lawyer will be with us during the interview. which is why i am more comfortable. :)

but yes, your email gives me more confidence now!

Will stay in touch and keep you posted of any advancements.

Merry Christmas and a heppy new year!

Hi Everyone,

Guess I have a new twist to my story.

My lawyer has not stayed in touch the last few days.
Its only 2 more business days before my interview, I have emailed her, called her, left messages, but NO REPLY.

She lives in Boston, an hour away from where I live, and I cant possibly drive up there as I am at work.

She has some of my originals, like my birth certificate, etc...

I do not know what to do???
Am I worrying too much? I would think, she should have had at least called and said she is maybe going on a vacation?

Anyway, any advice would be great!
thanks!

Sam...relax...

Sam,

Just keep on trying... If you have called him and he isn't returning the call, he could have been buried himself under the mattress.... :p Boston get's cold...

Relax.... he should be able to show up.... after all, he knows how important this is for you guys.... I wouldn't lose sleep over this... :rolleyes: As long as you show up, then if he doesn't show up, you can ask for a rescheduling of the interview because USCIS knows that you have an attorney representing you on the case.... ;) You can tell them while you are there, he has all the documentation you need and he's not there... :mad: I hope that he comes obviously.... :D

thanks Al!

Hi Al!

Thanks for the reply and the advise.
Just when I was writing to you, my lawyer called. Said she was out of office the last week!

But anyway, she will be at the interview! Phew! which is a relief!!

I feel much better now!!
Sorry, but I am the worrying type , but will try and keep it cool!

Thanks again!

Regards,
Jyoti

As I suspected....

sambarej said:
Hi Al!

Thanks for the reply and the advise.
Just when I was writing to you, my lawyer called. Said she was out of office the last week!

But anyway, she will be at the interview! Phew! which is a relief!!

I feel much better now!!
Sorry, but I am the worrying type , but will try and keep it cool!

Thanks again!

Regards,
Jyoti

Sam,

As I suspected, she was buried under her mattress....buried in the cold of Boston. :D I am glad that you are in good shape, she is showing up, you and spouse are showing up.... :p So, you have nothing to worry about, other than waking up on time and getting there on time.... :p

Don't be worried...worries over trivial matters will get you to grey before your greencard is even issued.... :D

Wish you all the best and success on your interview.... :p Remember, be cool and confidant, be spiffy on your interview day, and avoid a pizza on the eve of the interview... :D... Pizza can give you a terrible flatulence... :eek: