Interview in FEB; Company name change from Jan 1; Problem in Employment letter

namelater

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I am in deep problem now. I am expecting interview in FEB.
My company name has changed from Jan 1, 2002 and today they issued me the employment letter on new company name\'s letter head.

When I asked them, they say that there is only name change and it is still the same legal entity. My lawyer says the same thing. I have been explaining the situation to them since morning, but now they have decided and told me very clearly that they cannot give the employment letter on OLD company name\'s date.

Friends, PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS MATTER, BY POSTING ANY ONE\'S EXPERIENCE IN regarding to this effect.

I AM CONFUSED AND DON\'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.....

No Title

Namelater,

You should be fine. Take documentation showing that your company has changed name from X to Y (This is what they would have filled with SEC if it trades publicly and with some other organization (IRS may be) if it is not publicly traded).

Most likely the tax ID of your employer inspite of the name change will not change. Take your paystubs that show that your employer\'s tax id continues to be the same inspite of the name change.

No Title

you are fine. just carry the documents which proves that there is a change in the name of the company. it should not be a problem.take all the articles and company docs to prove that you will be fine.

cool down...

Carry newspaper cut outs etc as well , to show the change.
Get an additional letter from your manager or anyone for that matter on an offical letter head ( the new one ) to say that the name has changed from X-> Y

I just got this from my lawyer.

Namelater i am in exactly the same boat as urs.
My Company\'s name has changed effective from Jan 1.
But my lawyer insists on an amended I-140.

Guys do you know how long this takes. I am expecting a Feb interview.

Here is a copy and paste

----------------------------------------------------------------
Recent INS policy statements have indicated that I-140 petitions should be
amended when an employer\'s name has changed, regardless of whether the
employer has a new tax ID number.

In your case, I believe your I-140 petition should be amended into the name
of NEWNAME. If you were going to be adjusting your status in the U.S.,
the amendment would not likely be required. But because you are consular
processing, I believe we should amend your I-140.

I will send amended I-140 forms to your HR.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

name later, You are fine.

Just take documentation like gc_hopeful, wantAgc and Samind explained. Nothing to worry about this.

Thank you all, but......

Friends,
First of all let me thank you guys for your suggestions......
My problem is that this is not publicly traded company, it is a LLC company and it doesn\'t look like we have any paper articles or so to show that there is a name change.

I haven\'t received my first pay stub in this new year yet, But I would assume that they would give the new pay stub on new company\'s name.

I am planning to ask a letter from HR manager saying that the name has changed......

Apart from that, I don\'t know what to take, since my company is a big one and these HR guys don\'t care at all...

IF ANYONE IN THIS FORUM, HAS GONE THRU THIS KIND OF EXPERIENCE, COULD YOU PLEASE POST YOUR DETAILS HERE AS TO HOW DID YOU DEAL WITH THIS AND WHAT DOCUMENTS DID YOU TAKE TO THE CONSULATE ETC.,

Superman

But my lawyer insists on an amended 140.

Anyone else know how long this takes and is it
sufficient to take maybe just a receipt if not the approval.

Name Change : I am in the same boat

Listen
Every company after a name change has the name change document given by the state
Take a notorised cpy of this doc.
Take a letter from the company HR about the change and that new comp and old has the same EID [Employer ID ]

Take financial stmts of old company and new company if needed and Advertisements if any

Above all File for Amended I-140 immediately .This is taking 30 - 40 days now in VSC .So there a good chance that if interview in last week of feb u r likely to get it done .Even otherwise take the receipt of the amended I-140 filing frm the lawyer.

this is just my 2 cents,if this helps u
My case got my I-140 amended and have done the above steps.

I don\'t think there is any problem...

To my knowledge, as long as you carry proper documentation showing the name change, you should be fine.

As an added precaution, you can take a notarized (or simple) letter from your company on new letterhead stating that they changed the name and nothing else. you are still in same position, salary, location, etc. as established by your employment letter.

Actually it is the reverse

INS has more discretionary powers to ask for more evidence or ask you to file an amended I-140 than Consular officers. So, you would need to file an amendment to I-140 if you are doing AOS. For CP, take any document that reflects a name change. If that is not possible, ask them to write an elaborate paragraph on the name change in the notarized employment letter. I did just this and wasnt asked any questions in the interview. It will be better if this is in the notarized employment letter or a separate attachment in the company letter head, signed by your manager or HR or someone.