Interview in Delhi - 2/15, Collected Visa Pkt 2/19, POE Minneapolis 3/4

Mukul Jain

Registered Users (C)
I had posted my interview experience earlier, I had to go back to pick the packets since Delhi Embassy was out of E1 visa numbers at time of interview. The process was straight-forward, entered US on 2/4/02, went through the passport stamping without problems.

Some comments -
1. Make sure that you collect your originals at the embassy/consulate itself. I left the originals for BC and Marriage certificate, thinking that I will collect them when I pick up the visa packets, but they had sealed them along with the copies in the packet. At the POE, I was told that they do not return anything that is in the packet.
2. There is an IV-XXXXXXX number on top and bottom of the Alien registration sheet that you get from the consulate to bring to the INS at POE, and then there is also a AXXXXXXX number. The number following IV- becomes the alien number or the A number that is talked about.
3. You may walk in for an earlier interview in the same month as your scheduled interview date without much trouble, at least in Delhi. If you are planning on giving it a shot, do take the original I-140 and also the complete petition if possible.

Let me know if anyone has any questions, or the observations above are incorrect, because they are based on my experience, and I would like to know if an error was made anywhere in the process.
Thanks,
- Mukul

What all documents did you carry?

We have our interview scheduled for march 14th and we are leaving for Delhi this weekend.
We havent received our Packet 4 yet.

Wanted to know what all original documents did you carry and what all did you put in the packet 4?

Thanks

Where did u get ur medicals done?

How many days before the interview date should one do the medicals?

IM9999 - Medical done at Dr. Jain\'s in South Ex.

He gives the report on the same day in the evening.
One should allow for about 3 days if not sure of the TB since it can take that many days for the sputum test if the X-ray does not rule out TB completely.
- Mukul

When was your interview date scheduled for

I am also planning to prepone my interview date once they assign me an interview date. When was your schedule interview date? How many days you gained and how did you approach them. Any tip will help me

Thanks

Araghav - the original date was Feb 25th

I went to the Embassy on Feb 14 once I was done with the Medical and photographs between 2-4 pm to the information window, and asked them if it is possible to move the date. The lady there told me that she cannot promise, but I could give it a shot, the final decision will lie with the consular officer. I came the next morning, told the security ppl that I was told to try. Remember to take the name of the person at the window if you have similar experience as you might have to quote in order to get into the building without an appointment letter for that day.
- Mukul