Interview in Boston

itsmetraveler

Registered Users (C)
Consolidation of files after interview....Waiting for oath

Hi Guys,

I received a letter to go for an interview in May 2005. I wanted to ask you if I should send an FOIP to check my name check or wait after the interview....I am afraid to wait til after and fall under waiting for months to clear my name check. Any advice?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
itsmetraveler said:
Is there anybody who can help??

At the beginning of this forum, there is sticky tread started by mr Rahul "My name check experience". You have posted several times in this forum. All you have to do is to browse and to READ though here and you will find all the info you are looking for. There are been only repetions of treads lately.
Hope this helps

By and large you should be done with name check by May2005. But based on postings here, you never know. Since you have already received your interview date, I would send in the FOIPA out say in March it takes about 15-30 days to get a response. (btw, I am considering sending an FOIPA even before i have gotten my interview letter :) )

Check Rahul's thread on how to go about doing an FOIPA.

Rajax
phx-az

Hi Guys,

I received a letter to go for an interview in May 2005. I wanted to ask you if I should send an FOIP to check my name check or wait after the interview....I am afraid to wait til after and fall under waiting for months to clear my name check. Any advice?
Thanks

itsmetraveler, could you post your timeline so far?

I am also in Boston, with priority date in early May 2004 and am still waiting for a fingerprint letter, and 'bostonimmigrant' from this forum has the same delay as me. Did you receive all your letters without having to contact cis? And do you see an update to your case status online?

I am also in Boston. My priority date is Sept 28, and my fingerprint date was Nov 17. My case status on-line shows that the last time it was updated was Nov 4, 04. I'm still waiting for interview date.

Hi guys,

I want to share with you my interview experience. I went to the DO in Boston early in the afternoon. The interview was at 3pm. I waited for half an hour then an officer called my name. He was nice and professional. He made me say the oath, and asked me to sit down. He started asking what I was doing in my country, and gave me later a paper to sign and the 2 photos to sing in the back. He then asked 6-7 questions from the 100 questions (very easy questions). I got them all right, and the started going over my application page by page. He asked about the driving record, and I told him that I got a speeding ticket just after I sent my N-400 application. He then asked twice if there was any accident, and confirmed that there was none and I paid the ticket. He was convinced of this answer. He the asked to write a sentence in English which was pretty easy as well. At the end, he gave me a paper saying "Congratulations.you've been recommended for approval etc." He asked me to wait outside and he will get me an oath notice date. I was happy to hear that. The next 5 minutes, he came out and told me that they had to get a file in order to consolidate it with other files they have, and put them under one file number. He said it can take from 2 weeks to 2 months. I was disappointed, and frustrated! :mad:

Any advice will be helpful!

Thanks

PD: 9-04
FP:10-04
Interview:5-5-05
Oath notice: ?????

itsmetraveler said:
Hi guys,

Any advice will be helpful!

what advices do you expect? your got the words about approval to naturlization. all you can do is wait. it is normal process to wait for 2weeks and above.

Also, your name check is cleared. otherwise, they would have to tell you "can't make decision at this moment.. waiting for blah blah blah".

you had your interview LAST WEEK. so, you better check out the thread about Boston Time line..etc to see how soon / late people who went to Boston DO got the oath letter.