Interview in 6 weeks - did not work for sponsoring company after GC

Congratulations!
I am in the same boat - Consular processing, layoff mid-way :)

Would it help to apply N-400 as "3-year married to US-citizen" vs regular 5-year resident? (qualify for both)

Any difference in the resulting Natr. certificate?

No, won't make any difference. If the IO decides to dig around on your immigration history, he's going to do it regardless of what category you are applying under.

send them to dig around in other direction?

No, won't make any difference. If the IO decides to dig around on your immigration history, he's going to do it regardless of what category you are applying under.

My rationale was that checking "3-year married to US citizen" would send IO to dig around towards proof of mariage, as result distracting from layoff history (that is my primary goal).

Or you do not see it as distraction factor from the layoff/sponsor issues?

The N400 form says "check one" for eligibility reason.
Time to send the form, but still undecided which one to check

coat777,

Obviously I'm no expert on adjudications related to AC21, but I just had my interview today in San Antonio and just to let you know, all went very well.

I'm an AC21 case myself, and lost my job about 3 weeks before my GC was approved (although after 180 days since my 485 was pending and I140 not being withdrawn).

In my opinion and based on my own interview experience, the IO did not ask me a single question related to AC21 or my sponsoring employer, even though it was very obvious that I only worked at my sponsoring employer until 3 weeks before I got my GC approved. So in USCIS files, they probably don't know that I was compelled to take up another job (due to the layoff) and probably don't even care.

I guess they look at the overall picture of your application and don't try to corner you by looking for a flaw.

So in my opinion, you should be fine, as long as there was no fraudulent intent behind your GC application and approval.