Interview in 2 days! Last minute questions!

easybay

Registered Users (C)
My husband and I are both scheduled to appear for appointments at the same time on Thursday morning. As I was gathering all of our documents (updated out of country travel, proof of financial support of minor child, old passports, birth certificates, etc.) I was wondering....

1. Since our appointments are at the same time, do we get interviewed at the same time by different officers? Or do we get the same officer and appear one after the other?

2. If we are at the same time with different officers, who takes in the supporting evidence (meaning tax receipts, original birth certificates for children, bank statements, etc.)?

3. Is it necessary for me to have duplicates of everything? Or if I give my husband the stack of evidence, if I am asked about anything - like proof of dependant support - do I have the opportunity to say it's all in the packet that he is holding....and then get it from him?

My thoughts on this (based on previous readings):

1. You will have different officers. I don't believe I have seen a case where two people taken in together one behind the other. I also think that even though you have the same time, based on experiences posted by the others, your check in time will be the same, but you most likely will get called at different times.

2. I recommend one takes all copies and the other takes the originals and copies. If asked, you can clarify that you both were called at the same time (although unlikely) and that they can check in the other room for the originals - or you can tell them you will show the originals as soon as the other gets out.

3. See answer in 2. I would recommend copies of everything just in case they want to keep something for record.

Please post your experience on this thread once you are done for the benefit of others.