Interview good, but still pending

Tec_man

Registered Users (C)
Interview good, but still pending -- Travel w/AP w/o I-94

Hi All-

Have a couple of questions. My wife and I did the whole interview thing and it went well. Officer said “I am going to go ahead and approve it, should have card in 3-4 weeks”. The interview was on Oct 31 in Phoenix, Az. So here we are 30 days or so out and nothing so far. The website reflects approval of I-130 (almost immediately), but the 485 has the always annoying ‘case received and pending’. Also the date has not changed (May 7, 2007); it still reflects the application receipt date.

Our case has not been normal, filled with J2 waiver (achieved) and my wife and I are in two different cities (ending Feb, yeah!). None the less we had little trouble convincing the officer, the 25+ flights I think helped :eek:

Now based on what I have been reading here, it could be my wife is caught up in the name check saga. I am having my wife sign up for an info pass trip today, so we should have that coming up soon to find out if the name check is holding it up. We were just a little frustrated since the officer said it was approved and then the status of the 485 has not changed online.

Just wanted to run this by you folks to see if I am on the right track. This has been a two year process and I am weary to say the least!

Thanks!

Woops I forgot to mention the officer took her I-94, but no stamp. My wife is worried as she wanted to go back home soon, but obviously cant travel without an I-94 on her AP. Any suggestions on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
while i would agree with you on that, these people are not infallible. I read of such an example where this occurred while digging through the name check posts.
Any other comments?

while i would agree with you on that, these people are not infallible. I read of such an example where this occurred while digging through the name check posts.
Any other comments?

Man,

Just enjoy life for now, no need to worry about it. Guess what... worrying about it isn't going to bring an approval when you want it, so why even spend an ounce of energy worrying? :confused:

Wait for the officer to keep his or her word on approving the case... You can be approved while your name check is still pending, so ignore what Praet said above....:rolleyes:

Enjoy your wife...shall you?:)

You can be approved while your name check is still pending, so ignore what Praet said above....:rolleyes:

Really? :rolleyes: I do not think so.

You can "pass" the interview.

Your I-130 can be approved.

But your AOS/I-485/GC can not be approved with a pending name check. (Otherwise what is the point of the namecheck, before granting someone the benefit of permanent residency.)

You are not approved until your namecheck clears and when that happens your PR status start (hence that is the date on your GC, not the date your officer told you that you were "approved").

It might be that you have multiple A numbers, and they need to be consolidated.

Thanks for the comments. I think it is well possible for the office to have said approved even with the name check pending, after all this is the government.

Again all this will be boiled down when my wife goes for the info pass. She is just all stressed about traveling back since there is currently no stamp or i-94. I know it will all work out and it is just a matter of time.

Thanks for the comments. I think it is well possible for the office to have said approved even with the name check pending, after all this is the government.

Again all this will be boiled down when my wife goes for the info pass. She is just all stressed about traveling back since there is currently no stamp or i-94. I know it will all work out and it is just a matter of time.

Hi, have you done infopass? What did they say to you?

Not yet. Scheduled for th 17th. I also sent a letter to the officer, but I have not heard anything yet. I will update after the info pass and/or the officer replies.

OK. So my wife did the info pass and the name check is indeed the hold up. Also the officer order a finger print (which she did while there). Like her fingers suddenly morphed.

So to all those whom said the officer would not say the green card is approved while name check is pending, let this be an example of just that.

Now they told my wife she can travel on just the AP (of course we always pack as much info as we can think of). If you recall the officer took her I-94. Does this sound reasonable to you all?