Interview for Employment based I-485 applicants

AneesHarhur

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I have this dillema and I am not sure what to do:
My I-140 (EB-1) was approved in Dec. 2004 and my I-148 was subsequently transferred to a local office. My wife was fingerprinted while I am waiting for my notice.

Unusually, my wife received an interview notice a month after her fingerprints. It asked for a set of dcouments as if this was family based AOS!
My lawyer said that INS made a mistake and they should have interviewed me as well!

Meanwhile I though only family based application are called for interviews. I am not aware of employment based interview. I am wondering why did they call my wife for interview and what questions they might have.

I appreciate your experince/comments/suggestions in this matter .. thanks,

AneesHarhur said:
Friends,

I have this dillema and I am not sure what to do:
My I-140 (EB-1) was approved in Dec. 2004 and my I-148 was subsequently transferred to a local office.
----------I think I-485 was transferred to a local office
My wife was fingerprinted while I am waiting for my notice.
---------- better take infopass and visit local USCIS office with file Trasfer notice and inform them that your are PRIMARY and you did not recieve FP notice(they cant approve your spouse BEFORE they approve your I-485 becase she is dependent)
Unusually, my wife received an interview notice a month after her fingerprints.
------------- they should send for both of you, go to local office and ask for Interview notice for you.
It asked for a set of dcouments as if this was family based AOS!
------------- they have list of documents to bring for Interview ( some local office have same interview notice for fmily based and employement based but they TICK what you should bring)
My lawyer said that INS made a mistake and they should have interviewed me as well!
------------- your lawyer is correct
Meanwhile I though only family based application are called for interviews.
----------------EB1 or NIW I-485 is sent for Interview
I am not aware of employment based interview.
I am wondering why did they call my wife for interview and what questions they might have.
------------------ you must also go with her. it seems mistake of Local USCIS. take the copy of Interview notice of your wife and inform them that you are primary and you also need Interview notice.
I appreciate your experince/comments/suggestions in this matter .. thanks,